The kidnapping was captured on video by residents in the area.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Recently, a video of a man being kidnapped has been flooding social media platforms. From the video that was posted by @mynewshub on Twitter, a man can be seen being forced into a white vehicle by a few men and a woman.
Kes culik lelaki, seorang suspek berusia 43 tahun berjaya ditahan dan 3 masih diburu.— MYNEWSHUB (@mynewshub) April 25, 2023
ALOR SETAR – Seorang lelaki ditahan bagi menyelesaikan kes melarikan seorang lelaki di hadapan sebuah hotel di Shahab Perdana, di sini pada Isnin.
Ketua Polis Daerah Kota Setar, Asisten… pic.twitter.com/5S5LJ8bAaA
The police initially informed that one suspect had been apprehended yesterday.
According to Kota Setar district police chief Assistant Commissioner Ahmad Shukri Mat Akhir, the incident happened on Monday in front of a hotel in Shahab Perdana, and it was also captured on camera by bystanders.
As reported by Malaysiakini, Ahmad Shukri said that at around 6.30 in the evening the same day, the victim’s 46-year-old father received word that his 27-year-old son had been kidnapped by a group of men and a woman.
The father of the victim arrived shortly after that. He was given a video clip of the incident by residents when he arrived at the scene.
The father then made a police report on the incident and investigations led to the capture of a 43-year-old male suspect yesterday morning.
The first arrest led to the arrests of three more suspects including the woman from the video.
As reported by Utusan Malaysia, Ahmad Shukri stated the three, a 39-year-old woman and two men aged 40 and 42, were detained between 7 and 9pm last night at three different locations in Kedah.
“The woman was found to be positive for methamphetamine. All of them were remanded for six days until next Monday,” Ahmad Shukri said, as reported by Utusan Malaysia.
This case is being investigated under Section 362 of the Penal Code.