The education sector is a hotspot for the majority of new Covid-19 clusters.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
In Selangor, 79 schools have been ordered to close for two days (26 April and 27 April) by the Health Ministry.
These 79 schools involve:
- 18 schools within the Petaling Perdana district
- 19 schools within the Hulu Langat district
- 15 schools within the Klang distict
- 9 schools within the Petaling Utama district
- 5 schools within the Hulu Selangor district
- 2 schools within the Sepang district
- 2 schools within the Kuala Langat district
This comes after reports that the reopening of schools contributed to a rise in Covid-19 clusters, especially among young students and teachers.
Current SOP states that any school with even one active Covid-19 case must be closed for 2 days to undergo sanitation procedures.
Additionally, parents have been calling for all schools to close for the time being over fears of further Covid-19 exposure.
Anne is an advocate of sustainable living and the circular economy, and has managed to mum-nag the team into using reusable containers to tapau food. She is also a proud parent of 4 cats and 1 rabbit.