The virtual playground brings a unique line-up of livestreamed events complemented by festive
promotions for a different yet memorable New Year celebration at home
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
With all festivities being celebrated at home this year, Bar-United has announced two unique virtual events in conjunction with the Chinese New Year celebrations, both to be aired via the platform’s Bar-Live feature. Featuring local personalities, Dato’ Joey Yap, Chef Sherson Lian and Chef Johnny Fua, both events are also complemented by festive promotions on Bar-Tails happening throughout the month.
The first virtual event welcomes Dato’ Joey Yap to the Bar-Live stage. As the world’s #1 authority in Feng Shui and Chinese Metaphysics, he will be sharing 5 Strategies to Create More Income in 2021 as well as how you can take control of your Metal Ox year the right way. Hosted by Chui Ling, the exclusive masterclass will take place on Wednesday, 10 February from 8:30pm to 9:30pm with opportunities to ask questions to Dato’ Joey Yap to find out how to unlock your full potential this year.
Following that, celebrity chefs Sherson Lian and Johnny Fua of Kitchen Mafia will bring their culinary expertise to Bar-Live with a Gastro Live Experience like no other. The culinary duo will teach viewers how to prepare their take on two Chinese New Year staple dishes, which they can also choose to order for themselves, and have delivered right after the segment. Tune in on Saturday, 13 February from 1:00pm to 2:00pm to find out how Chef Sherson and Chef Johnny prepare their Beet & Berry House Cured Salmon Yee Sang and the 8 Treasures Stuffed Chicken.
On top of the virtual events, Bar-United has also teamed up with Oloiya to offer special Bak Kwa promotions for those purchasing bottles or cocktails on the Bar-Tails platform till the end of the month.
- With every purchase of 1-2 cocktails: 1 pack of Lovely Heart Chicken
- With every purchase of 3 cocktails and above: 2 packs of Spicy Chilli Pork
- With every purchase of Chivas 12: 1 pack of Bak Off
- With every purchase of Chivas XV: 300g Spicy Chilli Pork with box
- With every purchase of Chivas 18: 500g Blooming Beauty Pork with box
To tune in to the virtual events, or indulge in the festive promotions, simply log on to www.bar-united.my.
Built on Chivas’ belief that “Blended is Better”, Bar-United was developed to encourage the support of the local F&B and Entertainment industries by collaborating with local bars and talents to create a blend of experiences for the public, whilst helping the industry weather through the current climate. Bar-United also aims to reunite the local Food & Beverage and Entertainment industries with the public, rekindling the relationship and support of their fans and patrons via a virtual experience.
Bar-United is an interactive virtual playground that integrates a variety of functions such as social networking, online shopping and deliveries, point rewards and redemptions, virtual bar hopping, as well as livestreaming events, to name a few. Its features include:
- The Hangout Arena: On the Bar-United platform, users will be able to join virtual tables of up to four people that feature video call and chat capabilities, as well as games for the group to enjoy. And if you are in a generous or celebratory mood, you can also send Bar-Points to your friends in the form of unique Bar-United GIFs while you’re all seated at the virtual table.
- Bar-Tails: Collaborating with some of the Klang Valley’s most popular bars, Bar-Tails enables users to order any drinks or even bar snacks from their favourite bars to be delivered to them immediately. Since the platform first launched in August, Bar-United has brought on board a multitude of new outlets ranging from cocktail bars to local pubs; currently offering over 20 outlets, with more to come soon.
- Bar-Live: Bringing a variety of entertainment and events right to your screen, Bar-Live is Bar-United’s livestreaming feature that enables users to interact with, enjoy and support their favourite talents from the comforts of their home. During the livestream, users can show their love by sending virtual gifts to the performers in the form of fun and unique Bar-United GIFs. Bar-Live is part of the platform’s efforts in encouraging support for the local Entertainment industry by creating a blend of experiences for its users and offering a virtual space for local artistes to do what they do best.
- Bar-United Points: Users will be able to collect points with every purchase to redeem vouchers that can be used for Bar-United purchases as well as at the partner bars’ physical outlets. These points can be redeemed and converted into vouchers via the Bar-United Points Redemption Kiosk seen at The Hangout Arena.
- Whisky Pong: Challenge your friends to a game of virtual whisky pong and leave your mark on the Bar-United leaderboard! Set the fastest time to clear the table and stand to win an array of attractive prizes, including a bottle of Chivas XV, and up to 250 Bar-Points if you maintain your position on the weekly and monthly leaderboards.
- Bar-Talks: Featuring both local and international personalities from different industries, Bar-Talks enables users to tune in to special virtual guest shifts, talks and tastings on a regular basis.
- The Marketplace: Running low on supplies at home? Bar-United also features a Shopee store that enables users to purchase any products under Pernod Ricard Malaysia that can be purchased and delivered before your next virtual happy hour.
Join us in supporting our local Food & Beverage and Entertainment industry by logging onto www.bar-united.my and interacting with your favourite bars and talents. For more information, on Bar-United and Chivas Regal, visit the Bar-United Instagram page (@barunitedmy), or the Chivas Malaysia Facebook page (HERE).
She puts the pun in Punjabi. With a background in healthcare, lifestyle writing and memes, this lady's articles walk a fine line between pun-dai and pun-ishing.