The project implementation period has been set for one year from January 2022 to December 2022.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Sometimes, the government does come up with good ideas that benefit the people.
One example is the Sustainability Achieved Via Energy Efficiency (SAVE) 3.0, a program that provides a maximum e-Rebate of RM400.
The rebate is given to domestic households that purchase energy-efficient products with a 4-star or 5-star energy efficiency label from the Energy Commission (ST).
The SAVE 3.0 Program continues the previously implemented SAVE 2.0 Program by the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources (KeTSA).
Sustainable Energy Development Authority (SEDA) Malaysia is the Implementing Agency with support from ST.
Why Is The Government Giving You Money?
The main objectives of the SAVE 3.0 Program are:
- Increase the number of five (5) and four (4) star energy-efficient electrical appliances and energy-efficient appliances in the market; and
- Raise public awareness to encourage them to buy energy-efficient appliances that will save consumers’ electricity consumption, especially for domestic consumers.
Kenapa bill aku mahal sgt bulan ni, 300 lebih , ac aku xpakai siang dah 2 minggu lebih kot. Agak2 lah TnB ni. Bukak daily usage takde kosong je. Geram tul. Nak jugak aku trace hari apa yg mahal sgt tu— ♥NAM♥ (@atiqmisz) July 29, 2022
Sekarang pon dah mahal kau nak naikkan tarif apa lagi? Tnb dah la monopoly dalam market apa lagi yang tak dapat nak elak setan? Akauntan kau reti buat cash flow ke tak? https://t.co/uPd70rcikk— däa (@aidahaziz_) June 23, 2022
The eligibility conditions to obtain a SAVE 3.0 voucher are:
- This rebate is limited to one account only for purchases in 2022 based on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- This program is only given to Malaysian citizens and domestic tariff electricity account holders registered with utility companies such as Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB), Sabah Electricity Sdn Bhd (SESB), Sarawak Energy Bhd (SEB), and NUR Power are eligible to apply.
- Recipients of an e-rebate for the SAVE 2.0 Program are not eligible to apply for the SAVE 3.0 Program category one.
- Purchases can be made physically at registered electrical stores and supermarkets and online through recognized e-commerce platforms such as Shopee, Lazada and PG Mall.
SAVE 3.0 e-Rebate / Voucher Category
This program provides up to RM400 e-Rebate (RM200 for Category 1 and RM50/RM100/RM200 for Category 2).
Domestic households purchasing energy-efficient electrical appliances from 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2022 are eligible.
The electrical appliances must come with four or 5-star energy efficiency labels from the ST.
Category 1: Refrigerator or air conditioner; and
Category 2: Television or washing machine or microwave oven or rice cooker.
Tahun ini program Kerajaan SAVE 3.0 kembali lagi dgn rebat sehingga Rm400 untuk pembelian peralatan elektrik “4 stars/5 stars Energy Efficiency”.— Jason East Hill 🇲🇾 (@Jasonlee93new) January 8, 2022
Jadi kalau anda tgh survey TV, peti sejuk, air cond, microwave, rice cooker atau washing machine baru, bolehlah guna rebat ini. pic.twitter.com/Ryd7qjTDgS
How To Get Vouchers On The e-Commerce Platform
Here’s how to manually redeem the rebate/voucher on an online platform or a registered electrical shop.
- Search ‘SAVE 3.0’ on e-commerce sites.
- Send a message to the seller who will help you apply for the SAVE 3.0 voucher.
- Once approved, the seller will send you a voucher code.
- Enter the voucher code provided when checking out.
✔️Save up to RM400 by claiming your eRebate under the Program Sustainability Achieved Via Energy Efficiency (SAVE 3.0) @SEDAMalaysia— LazadaMY (@LazadaMY) January 12, 2022
✔️Additional RM500 OFF for households affected by the flood under Flood Relief Aid
🛒Check it out at👉https://t.co/W9FU24fjad pic.twitter.com/sr5fBH6lVq
For more information, visit:
- Shopee: https://shopee.com.my/m/program-save
- Lazada: https://www.lazada.com.my/program-save
- PG Mall: https://www.pgmall.my/
- For manual redemption, please refer to the list of registered electricity shops at the following link: www.saveenergy.gov.my (Bring your IC and electricity bill to redeem this voucher)
You can also contact the Special Team for the SAVE 3.0 Program at 03-8870 5800, visit www.saveenergy.gov.my or e-mail to email@example.com.