Now Reading
TUDM Personnel & Trainer Killed In Gemas Grenade Explosion

TUDM Personnel & Trainer Killed In Gemas Grenade Explosion

The grenade was said to have exploded in a bunker which involved three victims of the Royal Military Air Force.

Subscribe to our Telegram channel or follow us on the Lumi News app for the latest stories and updates.

The Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) confirmed that two people died while one was injured during weapons training at the Basic Grenade Training Site in the Syed Sirajuddin Camp, Gemas, yesterday (25 June).

Previously, Bernama reported one student from the Sendayan Air Base Institute of Administration and Studies died during a grenade explosion at 12.10 pm while undergoing support weapon and hand grenade training.

The 22-year-old student from Lenggeng, Negeri Sembilan was a student of the defence assistant enhancement course class 1 Series 78/23, named Lieutenant Mohd Iqmal Masdi.

According to Harian Metro, the explosion was believed to have occurred in a bunker, involving two other trainers at the scene.

The two injured trainers, identified to be Corporal Mohd Syuib Bidin and Corporal Khairulzaman Lokman were sent to Segamat Hospital, Johor for further treatment.

Unfortunately, 33-year-old Corporal Syuib was declared dead at 5.45 pm by medical personnel at the hospital due to his major injuries.

Currently, 35-year-old Corporal Khairulzaman who is from Kluang, Johor is in stable condition.

The news was confirmed by Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) yesterday on their social media accounts.

Defence Minister sends condolences

Earlier today, Defence Minister Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan expressed his condolences to the families of those who were killed.

“My condolences to the families of the late Corporal Mohd Syuib Bidin and Lieutenant Mohd Iqmal Masdi.

“The soldiers fell during training to defend the country. May the family members be given strength and perseverance in accepting fate,” he wrote in a Facebook post.

Meanwhile, RMAF has contacted the next of kin of those involved and handed the case to the police, adding that they would set up an Investigation Board to find out the cause of the incident.

RMAF also urged all parties not to speculate until the investigation process is complete and to respect the sensitivity of the families of the personnel involved.

Share your thoughts with us via TRP’s FacebookTwitter, and Instagram.

Get more stories like this to your inbox by signing up for our newsletter.

© 2024 The Rakyat Post. All Rights Reserved. Owned by 3rd Wave Media Sdn Bhd