Now Reading
[Watch] No Malaysian Casualties In Turkey Bomb Attack

[Watch] No Malaysian Casualties In Turkey Bomb Attack

The blast on Istiklal Street killed six people and injured 81 people so far.

Adeline Leong

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.


An explosion took place at Istanbul’s Istiklal Street around 4.20pm (9.20pm Malaysian time) on Sunday, 13 November.

The blast killed six people and injured 81 others. Turkish vice-president Fuat Oktay, who visited the site, said the blast was considered a terrorist act.

According to Al Jazeera, Oktay said investigations revealed that a female attacker detonated the bomb.

A local woman told Al Jazeera that the explosion occurred next to a Mango clothing store on Istiklal avenue.

The consulate general of Malaysia in Istanbul said there are no reports of Malaysians getting injured by the explosion so far.

However, they’re liaising closely with the local authorities. Malaysians in Istanbul are reminded to be aware of their surroundings and to avoid crowded areas for the time being.

The consulate general of Malaysia in Istanbul can be contacted by phone calls at +90 2129891001/+90 5362896788/+90 5517112174/+90 55389879767 or via email mwistanbul@kln.gov.my.


Share your thoughts with us via TRP’s FacebookTwitter, and Instagram

© 2021 The Rakyat Post. All Rights Reserved. Owned by 3rd Wave Media Sdn Bhd