Malaysia’s youngest minister ever has been working really hard since he came into office in 2018, at least until the political drama that led to the dissolution of the Cabinet at the end of February 2020.
Nonetheless, the strong proponent of #YouthPower, Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman, former Youth & Sports Minister, is especially active on social media. He regularly updates his social media followers on current affairs, while giving small glimpse into his personal life that heavily features his cat.
However, there’s one particularly interesting method of his that’s caught our attention: The uncomfortably close front camera videos.
Every time there’s an issue that riles up Malaysians, Syed Saddiq’s close-up videos will be there to ease our worries. It’s happened so often that this has essentially become his signature move.
So, we dug deep into the internet to present 9 times Syed Saddiq got uncomfortably close to the camera to solve our problems.
1. Announcing paid internships for government departments
2. Bringing in Go Jek to address youth unemployment
3. Sharing a sweet story of Raja Permaisuri Agong during the great “deactivated Twitter account saga”
There’s a special guest appearance by Syed Saddiq’s mum too!
4. Dropping by for a heart-felt Merry Christmas wish while celebrating Malaysia’s unity
5. Letting his youthful glow shine while speaking up against raising the retirement age from 60 to 65
6. Sharing excitement and support for a homegrown ride-sharing app
7. Intervening during the great Food Panda strike
8. Reminding us to stay healthy & move more
9. Dropping some exam tips for nervous SPM students
10. Inviting riders to his home during the Foodpanda strike
11. Singing to us for Merdeka Day
We’re not the only ones who’ve realised Syed Saddiq’s affinity for his front camera, though. Almost every video is followed by comments on the extreme close up.
pov: syed saddiq’s phone camera when he ends global warming pic.twitter.com/9km6GFPOsv— Saya tak tanya pun tapi takpe (@marzzt_) October 1, 2019
Although, his flawless skin has also managed to spark some curious skincare addicts.
YB, please drop your skincare routine.— ً (@httpsantha) September 30, 2019
There you have it! TRP’s exploration of 9 times Syed Saddiq got uncomfortably close to the camera to solve our problems.
She puts the pun in Punjabi. With a background in healthcare, lifestyle writing and memes, this lady's articles walk a fine line between pun-dai and pun-ishing.