On this special day for our beloved Fathers, let’s take a moment to think about how to express our love and appreciation. A “World’s #1 Dad” mug? A t-shirt with his face on it? A belt?
Let’s face it- they’re not the most exciting Father’s Day gifts one can receive. So on behalf of all fathers we would like to caution you against a list of things that Malaysian dads can really do without.
THE (almost complete) LIST OF WORST FATHER’S DAY GIFTS EVER
1. You getting anything but an ‘A’ grade.
2. You being determinedly single and not interested in providing a grandchild.
3. You bringing home a haram-bae
4. You getting tattoos
5. You getting piercings (of any kind)
6. You getting a positive pregnancy test if you’re unmarried
7. You getting married to be someone’s second wife
8. Your career does not include being a doctor, engineer, or lawyer
9. You not graduating with a summa cum laude
10. You not graduating at all
11. Your unemployment
12. Just YOU: existing as a constant reminder of his life’s mistakes and missed opportunities
13. …and finally, this exact gift set:
So make sure you avoiding gifting these gifts to your dad. Share with us your best Father’s Day gift stories on our Facebook page!
Anne is an advocate of sustainable living and the circular economy, and has managed to mum-nag the team into using reusable containers to tapau food. She is also a proud parent of 4 cats and 1 rabbit.