Ismail Sabri Yaakob reveals the nine focuses of the 12th Malaysian Plan.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob tabled the 12th Malaysia Plan (12MP) at today’s Parliament sitting.
12MP is the country’s five-year (2021-2025) development roadmap. It is a continuation of the Vision 2020, the Eleventh Malaysia Plan (2016-2020) and is in line with the Shared Prosperity Vision 2030.
The plan is titled #KeluargaMalaysia “Makmur, Inklusive, Mampan”, or “#MalaysiaFamily “Prosperous, Inclusive, Sustainable”.
The 12MP, said Ismail Sabri, is created with the involvement of former Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin.
Ismail Sabri layed out the 3 themes, 4 policies, 14 initiatives in the 12MP.
The Three Main Themes
The economic empowerment dimension will include new sources of growth, including Industrial Revolution 4.0, digital economy, aerospace industry, integrated regional development as well as growth enablers such as sustainable energy sources and infrastructure connectivity.
The environmental sustainability dimension, among others include the blue economy, green technology, renewable energy as well as adaptation, and mitigation of climate change.
The social re-engineering dimension comprises enhancing societal values, improving purchasing power of the people, building resilient Bumiputera community, strengthening social security networks, and improving the wellbeing of the people.
The Nine Main Focus Of 12MP
- Stimulate economic growth.
- Strengthen catalysts for growth.
- Increase the prosperity of the Malaysia Family.
- Enhance public safety and security.
- Reduce hardcore poverty and close the income gap.
- Empowering the Bumiputra and Malaysia Family Agenda.
- Boosting the development of Sabah, Sarawak, and less developed states.
- Accelerate green growth.
- Improve the efficiency of public services and ensure effective policy implementation.