Food Panda 10th Birthday
Now Reading
Want to pick fruits & work on Australian farms? THIS is the visa you need
Food Panda 10th Birthday Food Panda 10th Birthday

Want to pick fruits & work on Australian farms? THIS is the visa you need

Kirat Kaur

Lately, news of Malaysians abusing their tourist visas to overstay and work illegally in Australian farms have been quite a hot topic.

Combine that with netizens lamenting tales of rejected visa applications and denied boarding on flights to Australia, everyone is feeling nervous about their chances to holiday in the land down under.

But we’ve been thinking lah, “Is there a visa out there for those fellas die die wanna work in Australian farms?”

So after asking Pak Cik Gugel (Google), turns out; YES,
there is such a visa!

It’s called the Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462).

What can you do with this visa?

Quite a lot tbh, you can do short-term work in Australia, like all the fruit-pickers and farm workers lah.

You can also study (4 months max) and travel in and out of the country as many times as you want.

Nice.. So who can apply?

Any Malaysian passport holder aged 18 to 30 years old (sorry mak ciks & pak ciks).

BUT sorry to say lah, it’s not that easy. The Australian government has a whole LIST of requirements that seriously sounds like an Asian parent’s minimum requirement list.

Credit: Imgflip

For instance, applicants of this visa:

1. MUST BE CLEVER – Degree holders & above, or already completed 2 years undergrad.

2. CAN SPEAKING – English lah. Functional English, not Manglish – complete with proof of “relevant education” (like 1119 or MUET).

3. GOT CABLE – We mean letter of support from government. (Cable is a joke, geddit? Hahahahahahapleasedontsueushahahaha) Just apply for the Good Conduct Certificate online at the Malaysian Foreign Affairs Ministry site (here).

4. GOT MONEY – At least AUD5,000 (~ RM14,250) for initial stay plus a bit extra for your flight outta Oz.

5. BE HEALTHY – Just like applying for a new job (or a PSV license), you need to do a medical examination.

6. BE A GOOD BOY/GIRL – Yeah, there’s something called a character requirement. Which is short for “don’t be a criminal.”

Credit: imgur

Okay, you’re a good boy/good girl. How much ah?

Okay, so um… the visa application fee is AUD 485, which is
around RM1,400.

We know, you’re thinking “WADAHEL, SO EXPENSIVE!!!!!”. But trust us, it’s not really.

Once your visa is approved and you’re off gallivanting across the Great Outback, working on the farms, the 2.85 exchange rate (at time of writing) will make it all worth it.

If you kaw kaw enjoy your working holiday in Australia, you can actually apply for this visa AGAIN.

Credit: dopl3r

BUT only if you do the following specified work during your first stint:

  • plant and animal cultivation in northern Australia and other specified areas of regional Australia
  • fishing and pearling in northern Australia only
  • tree farming and felling in northern Australia only
  • tourism and hospitality in northern Australia only

If you’d like to apply for this Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462), you can get all the info on the Australian Immigration website HERE.

Now you all know what’s the PROPER visa to apply for going fruit-picking in the land down under. So, PLEASE share this information around to prevent future tourist visa abusers.

Kesian us TRP fellas who also want to go holiday in Aussie and boast loudly how much better the coffee in Melbourne is compared to KL. #doneclaim

Created via Imgflip

© 2021 The Rakyat Post. All Rights Reserved. Owned by 3rd Wave Media Sdn Bhd