This compensation falls under the MySalam takaful insurance.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
With the number of active Covid-19 cases in the country well over 40,000 infections, many Malaysian now find themselves ordered to quarantine by the Health Ministry (MOH).
While finding yourself infected with the coronavirus is a truly traumatising experience, there is some relief as eligible Malaysians can claim RM50 per day of quarantine under the National Health Protection Scheme (MySalam) scheme.
Who can claim?
Open to all Bantuan Sara Hidup (BSH) recipients aged 18-65 years old. If you’re not a BSH recipient but in the B40 group it is advised that you register immediately (HERE).
The Covid-19 protection covers patients who have tested positive, as well as patients under investigation (PUI), with confirmation letter by MOH as a supporting document.
According to MOH, a PUI of Covid-19 is defined as:
Acute respiratory infection (sudden onset of respiratory infection with at least one of: shortness of breath, cough or sore throat) with or without FeverCase Definition of Covid-19, Health Ministry
Travelled to / resided in foreign country within 14 days before the onset of illness OR Close contact in 14 days before illness onset with a confirmed case of
Attended an event associated with known COVID-19 outbreak
Unfortunately, this is not open to M40 group as the inclusion of the M40 group has been temporarily postponed.
READ MORE: B40, M40 & T20 – The New Figures In 2020
How can I claim the money?
Eligible Malaysians can claim RM50/day, for up to 14 days per year. All claims must be made online at the official mySalam website (HERE).
Here’s the steps after you’ve logged into your profile:
- Click “Claims”, then “Submit Claims”
- Click “Hospitalisation Claims” for either (i) Covid-19 Positive Patient, (ii) Suspected Covid-19 positive and quarantined in a MOH facility, or (iii) Suspected Covid-19 positive and instructed to home quarantine by MOH.
- Fill in the details of your quarantine dates and name of hospital/quarantine location
- Upload and attach an image of your Identity Card (front and back) and discharge note (for those warded), or MOH Home Surveillance Order letter.
- Click “Send” and “I Agree” for your claim to be processed.
Successful applicants will have the money directly transferred to their accounts within 10 working days, and notified via SMS.
For further inquiries or assistance, call the mySalam call centre at 1 300 88 8938.
She puts the pun in Punjabi. With a background in healthcare, lifestyle writing and memes, this lady's articles walk a fine line between pun-dai and pun-ishing.