Since many of us are hooked on bubble boba, the internet has gone crazy with an Instagram post by instafamous chef Khairulaming in which he shares a simple boba recipe.
In less than 2 days, his post has over 1.4 million views, with over 14.5 thousand comments.
We only need 5 ingredients;
For the dough
- Half-cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of tapioca starch
- +/- black food coloring
For the Boba syrup
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 4 cups of water
It takes about 30 minutes to make this deliciously healthy homemade boba.
First, you need to make the dough:
- In a pan over a fire, stir in the half cup brown sugar with 1 cup water using a ladle.
- Then add the colouring with 1 cup of tapioca starch first.
- Add the remaining tapioca starch till you reach a thick and firm dough-like consistency.
- Take the dough out of the pan, let it cool, and then slowly shape the dough into little tiny boba pieces.
Then, you need to prepare the syrupy goodness:
5. On a hot pan, boil 1 cup of brown sugar and 4 cups of water.
6. As it starts to boil, put in your boba, and start stirring.
7. Continue to stir until the syrup reduces to a thick shiny consistency.
Instead of writing all that we could have just told you to watch the complete video which is under 1 minute…
View this post on Instagram
Puasa Day 1 : Pearl Milk Tea 🍵 . . Bahan2/Ingredients: 🌕1/2 cawan gula perang (1/2 cup brown sugar) 🌕1 cawan air (1 cup water) 🌕Pewarna Hitam (Black food dye)-optional 🌕2 cawan tepung ubi kayu (2 cups tapioca starch) 🌕1 cawan gula perang (1 cup brown sugar) 🌕4 cawan air (4 cups water) . . . No prejudice. All materials (excluding music) owned by Rasapop PLT. All characters created are fictional and not associated with any individual or parties. . #food #foodie #minum #juice #malaysia #kualalumpur #tasty #healthy #drink #2019 #eat #recipe #resepi #masak #dapur #dapurlonely #lapar #makan #pearlmilktea #brownsugarmilktea #puasa #ramadan #menuberbuka #iftar
Lastly, enjoy you boba as you like, with milk tea, milo, coffee, or whatever floats your boat!