Now Reading
“You Didn’t Get SBP, MRSM, TKC, I’m Disappointed” Student Vents On Not Being Good Enough For Their Mother

A Standard 6 student wasn’t accepted into SBP and MRSM and was hurt when the mother said she was embarrassed about her child.

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.

A standard six student voiced their disappointment online when they didn’t get accepted into a boarding school (SBP) and Mara Junior Science College (MRSM).

What broke the student’s heart most was when their mother said she was embarrassed because their child didn’t get into any of the schools.

The student’s mother also compared them to a friend who got accepted into Tunku Kurshiah College (TKC).

MRSM didn’t get, SBP didn’t get, what should I do with you? Last time you want to get into TKC badly but now there’s nothing.

The mother told the student.

The student said they felt sad because their parents didn’t appreciate how hard they studied nightly alone in the room.

Netizens tried to give the student hope and encouragement. They told the student all schools are the same but what’s important is to be hard working in studies.

Trust us. Later in university, there are not many competitions. Sometimes students from MRSM/ SBP will ask us to teach them. Forget what your mum said, just continue your efforts.

A netizen by the name of Qiqi allegedly commented, as quoted by Kosmo.

Another netizen cautioned others about a student’s mental health.

The fact that the student felt so alone until they could only vent their feelings online and found no support from their family was worrying.

Other netizens urged parents to be kind and not kill their childrens’ spirits. They also said the mother shouldn’t have said hurtful things like that.

Share your thoughts with us via TRP’s FacebookTwitter, and Instagram.

Get more stories like this to your inbox by signing up for our newsletter.

© 2024 The Rakyat Post. All Rights Reserved. Owned by 3rd Wave Media Sdn Bhd