How To Renew Your Malaysian Passport Online
From 11 May onwards, passport renewals must be done online except for some special cases.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Our passports can only be renewed online now. This means you won’t be able to renew your passports at the nearby immigration office unless it’s a special case.
For now, only people with these criteria are allowed walk-in appointments:
- Citizens above the age of 60
- Children under the age of 13
- Citizens going for Haji
- Students studying abroad aged 21 and under
- If you have problems with your fingerprint
- Citizens with damaged or lost passports (if passports are damaged or lost, you’re not allowed to apply for new passports online).
How to renew your passport online?
The Immigration website to renew passports can be a little buggy but by following these instructions, you should be able to do it all just fine.
The price to renew your passport is RM200 if you’re 13 to 59 years old. It’s RM100 for citizens above 60 years old, kids below 12 years, students below 21 years and those going for Haji. It’s free for the disabled community.
- Head over to Immigration’s website and click ‘Setuju.’
- Fill in your information in the MyOnline Passport form
- Under ‘No Dokumen,’ fill in your passport number
- Under ‘No Pengenalan Semasa,’ fill in your Identification Card Number and not your mobile number as shown in the example on the website. You can change the type of ID number under ‘Kategori.’
- Select the immigration office that is convenient for you to pick up your new passport under ‘Pejabat Pungutan.’
- The other options in the form include added information of the guardian if you’re filling the form for someone under 18.
- Once that’s all done, you’ll be taken to a page that tells you to confirm that your passport is still in good condition (not lost, not drawn on, not ripped or wet).
- Upload your current photo according to the specifications set.
- Verify your information. Make sure your personal details such as your home address and email are correct.
- Payment can be made through FPX, debit card or credit card online. If you’re renewing your passport at the immigration office, you can pay with cash. Remember to keep a copy of your receipt.
When it comes to collecting your passport
Some immigration offices have extended their passport office hours so you can pick up your new passports after work hours.
Offices in Wilayah Persekutuan, Salengor, Johor, Negeri Sembilan, and Melaka operate until 10pm. Offices in Perak, Pahang, Kedah, Penang, Perlis, and Terengganu operate until 6pm.
All passport offices will open every Saturday from 8am to 12.30pm.
You have to collect your passport in person and you can’t send someone to collect on your behalf.
You’ll need to show your IC, old passport, and the payment receipt to collect your passport.
For those under the age of 18, you can only collect your passport with an adult/ guardian and bring along your birth certificate.
Share your thoughts with us via TRP’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.