BNM has listed out the steps on how to register online.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Starting today (18 February 2022), Malaysians can now directly register for e-Central Credit Reference Information System (eCCRIS), without the need to walk into a Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) or Agensi Kaunseling dan Pengurusan Kredit (AKPK) office.
According to MyGov, CCRIS is a report or statement of all your credit/loans with banks. All your credit records with banks will be issued in a brief report and banks will use this information to evaluate or assess your loan eligibility.
BNM said in a statement that new users must be Malaysian individuals with MyKad and an internet banking facility. For others, existing arrangements will still apply (such as registration via kiosk at AKPK premises or eLINK at telelink.bnm.gov.my).
These enhancements make it more convenient and safer for individual users to register for eCCRIS and have access to their CCRIS reports, all from the comfort of their homes.BNM Deputy Governor Marzunisham Omar
For companies and non-Malaysian individuals, BNM said new user registrations can continue to be performed through eLINK at telelink.bnm.gov.my.
How to create your account
To create a new account, you can head on over to eccris.bnm.gov.my and follow the steps below:
- Go to eccris.bnm.gov.my and click ‘Register Now’
- Enter your personal information (Full name, MyKad number, date of birth, mobile number, and email), then confirm your details and terms and conditions.
- Digital authentication: Complete registration with a one-off RM 1 transfer to a designated Bank Negara Malaysia account that will be automatically refunded within 2 working days
- Successful authentication: 6-digit OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number and email
- Unsuccessful authentication: The system will provide you with further instructions to complete your registration
- Click ‘Proceed to First Time Login’ at the prompted screen or go to eccris.bnm.gov.my and click ‘First Time Login’
- Key in your MyKad number and the 6-digit OTP
- Set your user ID and password
- Set your personal security image, phrase, questions and answers
- Login to eCCRIS website using your created User ID to access your CCRIS report
Unkempt in both stories and appearance, Hakim loves tech but tech left him on read, previously he used to write about tall buildings and unoccupied spaces that he can't afford, and legend has it that he still can't afford it to this day