Now Reading
Four Nabbed After Riot During Super League Football Match

Four Nabbed After Riot During Super League Football Match

Fans of the home team stormed towards the fans of the away team during the riot.

Subscribe to our Telegram channel or follow us on the Lumi News app for the latest stories and updates.

Football fans are known to be very passionate for the game and the teams they support. However, under certain circumstances, passion may turn into violence.

Such an event took place yesterday at the Super League’s match between Selangor FC and Perak FC at the Perak Stadium, where a riot broke out during the match between the fans of both football clubs.

Videos of the incident have now become viral on social media.

From the video, fans from one stand were seen running towards the other stands. A fight broke out where people were seen punching and kicking each other.

The security team rushed to break up the fight and calm things down between the fans.

As reported by the New Straits Times, the home team supporters rushed towards the Selangor team’s supporters during the match.

Many were not happy with what happened and took to social media to express their opinions.

Four individuals aged between 18 and 26 were arrested.

Ipoh district police chief Assistant Commissioner Yahaya Hassan said that the incident’s video had gained widespread popularity on social media platforms like WhatsApp.

“Police came across the video today showing a chaotic incident between supporters of Perak FC and Selangor FC at Stadium Perak here via WhatsApp application,” Yahaya said.

He confirmed that the incident took place during the Super League game on 20 May at around 9.17pm.

Nevertheless, soon after, the incident was brought under control.

One of the men who were arrested tested positive for ganja. They were brought to the Ipoh Magistrate’s Court for remand application.

Yahya also stated that the police are looking for other supporters who were involved in the incident.

The case is being investigated under Section 147 of the Penal Code for rioting. If found guilty, it carries a sentence of up to five years in prison, a fine, or both.

If you have any information on the incident, contact senior investigating officer, Assistant Commissioner Chua Sze Yuan at 012-619-5312.

Share your thoughts with us via TRP’s FacebookTwitter, and Instagram.

Get more stories like this to your inbox by signing up for our newsletter.

© 2024 The Rakyat Post. All Rights Reserved. Owned by 3rd Wave Media Sdn Bhd