The HennessyMyWay 30-Second challenge is a global initiative to help bartenders “keep their blades sharp”.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Lockdowns and restrictions have meant that socialising at your favourite pubs and bars are now restricted – which also means that skilled bartenders all around the world have been struggling.
To help bartenders “keep their blades sharp”, Hennessy is bringing back the HennessyMyWay 30-Second challenge – offering spirited prizes to anyone who can create the best cocktail in 30 seconds!
This is part of the HennessyMyWay global initiative introduced by the cognac-maker in 2020 to give back to the bartending community around the world – especially those who have been affected by the pandemic and deprived of their ability to earn what they love from behind the bar.
Prizes to be won
The 10 best submissions that showcase their own expression and the most creative Hennessy serving ritual will receive a cash prize of 500 Euros (~RM2,500) each, and will proceed onward to global recognition amongst the Hennessy world bartending fraternity.
They will be enlisted to be in the running to vie for exclusive one-of-a-kind prizes including:
- Global Top 5 – Hennessy Paradis MAGNUM signed by M. Maurice Hennessy (RRP 2,000 Euros (~RM10,000) per unit) & Invitation to the inaugural Pioneers Summit @ Hennessy Maison (Cognac) in 2022
- Global 20 Runner Ups – Hennessy Paradis signed by M. Maurice Hennessy (RRP 2,000 Euros (~RM10,000) per unit)
- Most Creative Bartenders – Judged by a panel of Maison representatives, the most creative bartenders will receive global recognition
Amongst local submissions, the next best 20 creative submissions will receive exclusive Hennessy prizes.
Not only that, the best cocktail creations will be showcased on Hennessy’s social media platforms to further raise bartenders’ profile, and bring attention to both bartender and establishment.
How to enter the HennessyMyWay 30-Second challenge
Bartenders attached to any bar establishment across Malaysia, including non-partner outlets of the brand are eligible to participate.
The challenge itself is easy enough with three simple steps:
- Film a 30 seconds video of your most creative service ritual.
- Send the video of your creation, with the cocktail name and recipe.
- Share your video on your own social media platforms from 1st – 25th March 2021 with the following hashtags: #Hennessy #HennessyMyWay #HennessyMY
The name says it all – there’s no such thing as a “wrong” way; but there’s your way. Whether it’s inspiration from their best-loved flavours or an experiment in personal expression, the challenge is the pinnacle of limitless creativity.Hennessy
Interested participants are required to contact the hotline number: +6019 475 5334 (Simon Ng) for entry guidelines and terms and conditions.
Entries are required to be submitted by 25th March 2021.
Find out more on the #HennessyMyWay initiative on Hennessy Malaysia’s Facebook page (HERE).
She puts the pun in Punjabi. With a background in healthcare, lifestyle writing and memes, this lady's articles walk a fine line between pun-dai and pun-ishing.