The BKAM allows flood victims to make a cash claim of up to RM1,000 for their vehicles, including from unregistered workshops.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
The recent flash flood that hit Klang Valley had once again left thousands of cars were damaged and broken down.
And sadly, a large number of those cars will incur a costly repair.
Most Malaysians do not have natural disaster coverage on their insurance policies because it costs more.
Not to mention that many do not expect floods to happen that frequent and at such scale in city areas.
Thankfully, the government is providing aid to victims who suffered vehicle damage due to floods.
The Malaysian Family Automotive Assistance or Bantuan Automotif Keluarga Malaysia (BAKM) provides discount of at least 25% for repair work, free vehicle towing and discount vouchers up to RM1,000 (50 percent discount on car spare parts for Proton and Perodua).
BAKM covers private passenger vehicles, motorcycles, pickup trucks and vans damaged by the floods.
The cost reduction will be applied directly from the total cost of the repair or replacement through invoices issued by service centers and authorized distributors.
A number of automotive companies, with a network of more than 1,800 registered service centers nationwide, had agreed to participate in the BAKM initiative.
The assistance can be applied for by those affected until March 31 through the official portal https://bantuanautomotif.hasil.gov.my.
Manual applications can also be made at any Disaster Operations Control Center (PKOB) as well as the nearest Inland Revenue Board (LHDN) branch.
Applications can also be made at the LHDN Satellite Office (PS), LHDN Revenue Service Center (PKH) and LHDN Urban Transformation Center (UTC).
Applicants can refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) uploaded on the official portal of Bantuan Banjir Keluarga Malaysia for more information.
If you had sent your vehicle to a worskhop not registered under BAKM, fret not.
Due to the monsoon period, the aid is extended to include unregistered workshops starting from 18 December 2021 to 31 March 2022.
Applicants can apply for assistance through the following steps:
- Fill in the online automotive assistance application form by logging in to https://bantuanautomotif.hasil.gov.my.
- In addition to the online application, you can simply go to any branch office of the LHDN near you by taking the application form there, fill it in and send it back to the officers and staff on duty.
- Submit the completed form together with proof of car repair and overhaul receipt.
BAKM (Unregistered Workshop) Eligibility Criteria
- Malaysian citizen.
- Head of Household (KIR) registered with the Temporary Evacuation Center (PPS) / Disaster Operations Control Center (PKOB) / National Disaster Management Agency (NADMA).
- Privately owned vehicle [Head of Household (KIR) / Member of Household (AIR)] damaged due to flood based on the attached receipt.
- Vehicles not covered by natural disaster insurance.
- Only private vehicles that are NOT DELIVERED to a service center / authorized distributor registered with the participating company are eligible to make a claim (for claims under unregistered workshop category).
Payment Status Update
The BAKM payment for unregistered workshop is in stages from 28 February 2022 onwards.
The money can be cashed out at Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) from 2 March 2022 to 30 June 2022.
Notification of approval will be made via SMS to the mobile phone number registered in the application form.
You can also check your status online at the following link: https://bantuanautomotif.hasil.gov.my
For more information, click here.