Claims for hospitalization benefits is for COVID-19 close contact quarantine (PUI) cases up until 31 October 2021 only.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Do you know, low-income individuals or those under the B40 group who are quarantined as patients under investigation (PUI) Covid-19 can receive RM50 a day.
The cash aid – in lieu of their income being affected – is under the mySalam Covid-19 protection plan.
During the announcement of the Prihatin Rakyat Economic Stimulus Package or PRIHATIN, former Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said the plan would be expanded to include those quarantined as PUIs so they can claim for the mandatory 14-day quarantine.
Let’s look at more info on mySalam and how to make a claim of RM50/day if you are positive for Covid-19, or have been quarantined as a close contact or PUI (before 31 October 2021).
What Is The MySalam Scheme?
The mySalam community protection scheme is a Government initiative that aims to provide free takaful health coverage to 8 million Malaysians.
Among the benefits of mySalam is that those covered can claim RM8,000 to be paid once in a lifetime.
The money can be claimed when diagnosed with one of the 45 Critical Illnesses.
Those covered can also receive a cash payment of RM50 per day of hospitalization for a maximum of 14 days, including the mandatory 14-day quarantine to curb Covid-19.
MySalam protection for the B40 group came into effect on 1 January 2019.
The Government has since agreed that the mySalam protection scheme is extended to eligible recipients of Bantuan Keluarga Malaysia starting from the year 2022.
mySalam Covid-19 Eligibility Requirements
Among the eligibility requirements for the Covid-19 mySalam Scheme are Bantuan Sara Hidup (BSH) financial aid recipients who meet the following criteria:
- Aged between 18 to 65 years;
- Single individuals aged between 40 and 65 years and earning less than RM24,000 per year;
- Individuals with disabilities are between 18 and 65 years old and earn less than RM24,000 a year.
- If you are eligible for the mySalam scheme but do not receive the SMS or the eligibility notification, you can email them directly at email@example.com or call the mySalam line at 1 300 888 938 which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for further assistance.
Please note that claims for hospitalization benefits related to COVID-19 close contact quarantine (PUI) cases will be accepted for quarantine until 31 October 2021 only.
How to Check mySalam Eligibility
To check eligibility, you can also do it online with the following steps:
- Visit www.mysalam.com.my
- Insert identity card without (-)
- Click check.
- In the space below, it will be stated whether you are ELIGIBLE OR NOT ELIGIBLE as a mySalam beneficiary.
How To Make A Covid-19 mySalam Claim
Claims to mySalam must be submitted by uploading a copy of the document to the mySalam portal or manually through the mySalam kiosk.
Please follow these steps:
- Log in to the mySalam portal using the recipient’s/ spouse’s identity card number to the Subsistence Assistance recipient, and the password.
- mySalam website: www.mysalam.com.my
- mySalam Application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rexit.mysalam&hl=en&gl=US
- Click ‘Claim’ followed by ‘Submit Claim’
Fill in the following details:
- Ward admission date.
- Ward discharge date.
- The name of the hospital.
- Please upload the following document and click ‘Attach’
- Identity card (front & back)
- Discharge note (ward admission only)
- Click ‘Submit’ then click ‘I Agree’ and your application will be processed.
- Claim status will be updated automatically once your claim is confirmed.
- Please contact mySalam call center at 1 300 88 8938 for further inquiries or password reset assistance.
- To make the claim process manually, you can also go to any mySalam kiosk by bringing a copy of the Identity Card and the required Documents.
To find out the location of the MySalam kiosk, please see the full list HERE: https://www.mysalam.com.my
How To Make Quarantine Claim
The claim for quarantine can be made through the mySalam apps as follows:
- Download the mySalam app.
- For first-time registration, press login the first time login.
- Enter the identity card number. Press send.
- You will receive a temporary password.
- Use this temporary password to log in for the first time.
- You can then log in and change your password.
- Proceed to make a claim.
- Be sure to update the profile first.
- Prepare the documents.
- Read the terms.
- Fill out the claim form.
- Upload and attach the required documents.
- Required documents: Identity card, KKM hospitalization letter, applicant’s bank account, active phone number.
Latest Update For mySalam
If you have yet to get the money from MYSALAM, and received the message YOUR DOCUMENT IS INCOMPLETE, this is what you need to do:
Each application MUST have -VE @ +VE covid. Only then will the application be processed.
Please call MYSALAM number 1-300-88-1900 and ask for the latest status (average waiting time is 5 minutes, please be patient).
You are required to have the document to prove that you are Covid negative.
To get the result of the SWAB TEST, you have to go to the respective quarantine center.
Find the doctor on duty there. Confirm the swab test document, and then send it back to the mySalam counter for the doctor to update.
The update period is approximately 2 weeks to a month depending on the current situation.
If there is no response, please call back.
Do share the info as many are still unaware, while for some the payment is overdue due to lack of swab test results.
If you have any questions regarding the claims process, you can make inquiries at 1 300 888 938 or email firstname.lastname@example.org