TNB has a checklist of things you should turn off before making the trip.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Planning to balik kampung? Tenaga Nasional has listed out a few tips that help you save electricity and also prevent any unwanted accidents from happening while you’re away to see your loved ones
Here are some steps to take before leaving:
- Switch off all electrical appliances such as water heaters and irons
- Conduct outdoor inspections to avoid things that could cause electrical accidents such as some electrical wires exposed to moisture and plants that could disconnect nearby electrical lines
- Consider the use of a timer so that the lights are not turned on 24 hours a day. In addition to saving energy consumption, it can also prevent the occurrence of unwanted incidents
- Unplug the extension wire completely to prevent overload that can cause fire due to short circuit
- Test the Residual Current Device (RCD) at least once a month by pressing the test button. Please contact an electrical contractor registered with the Energy Commission (EC) to replace the RCD approved by the EC if the power supply doesn’t not cut off immediately when the test button is pressed.
TNB mentioned that the Residual Current Device (RCD) should be tested at least once a month by pressing the test button.
Please contact an electrical contractor registered with the Energy Commission (EC) to replace a RCD approved by the EC if the test button is pressed and the power supply is not cut off immediately.Tenaga Nasional Berhad
Just in case you run into problems such as power outages, you can contact TNB’s CareLine at 15454 or search “TNB CareLine” on Facebook for assistance.
Unkempt in both stories and appearance, Hakim loves tech but tech left him on read, previously he used to write about tall buildings and unoccupied spaces that he can't afford, and legend has it that he still can't afford it to this day