At the same time Kelantan, Perak, Penang, Sabah, and Kedah moves up to Phase 3.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced that Melaka and Klang Valley (which includes Putrajaya, Kuala Lumpur, and Selangor) will move on to Phase 4 of the National Recovery Plan (PPN) on 18 October.
He also announced that Kelantan, Perak, Penang, and Kedah, will move on to PPN Phase 3 on the same day.
This means that on Monday, there will no longer be any states in Malaysia that are in PPN Phase 1 and Phase 2.
The Special Committee on Pandemic Management, which is chaired by Ismail Sabri, also announced new additions to the SOP:
- Operations of all R&R at all highways in the country are allowed to operate for a full 24 hours starting today (16 October).
- All e-hailing vehicles in all states are allowed to carry passengers at full capacity starting today.
- The Surveillance and Observation Order period for travellers from abroad will be reduced starting 18 October.
- 7 days quarantine at home or a quarantine station for travellers who are fully vaccinated.
- 10 days quarantine at a quarantine station for travellers who are not fully vaccinated.
- The Surveillance and Observation Order period for Close Contact is reduced starting 18 October.
- 7 days quarantine at home for those who are fully vaccinated.
- 10 days of quarantine at home for those who are not fully vaccinated.
- Cyber Centers and Cyber Cafes are allowed to operate with limited capacity starting 17 October.
- 80% capacity for those located in states that are in Phase 3.
- 100% capacity for those located in states that are in Phase 4.
- Malaysians are allowed to perform the Umrah starting 18 October.
- Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, and Exhibitions (MICE) involving fully vaccinated individuals are allowed to be done face-to-face in all PPN Phase 3 states starting 18 October with these requirements:
- Covid-19 saliva or RTK-Antigen test must be conducted prior to the event.
- Physical distancing must be observed.
- Face masks must be worn.
- Only occupying 50% of the meeting space.