MOH explains what each term means and what to do if you’ve been identified as a Close Contact or Casual Contact.
Subscribe to our new Telegram channel for the latest updates and stories.
Often times we’ll hear the terms “Close Contact” and “Casual Contact” being mentioned by Health officials in order to assess individuals who’ve been in contact with Covid-19 positive cases, but what is it?
The Health Ministry (MOH) has come out with an explainer recently on Twitter to make it easier for Malaysians to differentiate between the two and what they should do if they are identified as a Close Contact or Casual Contact.
What to do if you’ve been identified as a Close Contact:
- You’ve been identified as “high risk”
- You’ll need to undergo quarantine for 10 days
- You’ll need to do the health assessments using the Home Assistance Tool (HAT) in MySejahtera
- Monitor your health throughout the quarantine period
- If you start to have symptoms, you’ll have to conduct self-testing or go to a health facility to find out if you’re positive
The Health Ministry mentioned that if you’re positive, your status will change as positive Covid-19 case but if you’re negative, you’ll just need to finish the 10-day quarantine period and do the HAT self-assessment for 14 days.
What to do if you’ve been identified as a Casual Contact:
- You’ll be identified as “low risk”
- You don’t need to undergo quarantine
- However, you are required to do self-assessments for 14 days using the HAT via MySejahtera
- If you start to have symptoms, you can test yourself or go to a health facility to find out if you’re positive.
Just like Close Contact individuals, if you are positive, your status will change as a positive Covid-19 case but if you’re negative, you’ll just have to continue with the 14 day self-assessment.
Ketahui perbezaan di antara KONTAK RAPAT dan KONTAK KASUAL. pic.twitter.com/GH9BV6V030— KKMalaysia🇲🇾 (@KKMPutrajaya) October 6, 2021
Unkempt in both stories and appearance, Hakim loves tech but tech left him on read, previously he used to write about tall buildings and unoccupied spaces that he can't afford, and legend has it that he still can't afford it to this day