It’s because these states have transitioned to PPN Phase 3
Subscribe to our new Telegram channel for the latest updates and stories.
The Education Ministry (MOE) will still reopen education institutions in Selangor, Melaka, Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya on 4 October.
MOE mentioned in a recent statement that educational institutions under the MOE for the states of Selangor and Melaka as well as the Federal Territories of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya will still reopen on 4 October 2021 based on the operating stipulations for the Phase 2 states.
- Students with Special Needs (MBK) in Sekolah Kebangsaan Pendidikan Khas (SKPK), Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Pendidikan Khas (SMKPk), Sekolah Menengah Pendidikan Khas Vokasional (SMPKV) and Program Pendidikan Khas Integrasi (PPKI)
- Semester 2 Form 6 students
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBD) Year 2 students
- Semester 3 Pre-University Program at Sekolah Sukan Malaysia
- Students of international examination classes (IGCSE O-Level, A-Level, Australian Higher School Certificate and IBDP).
In a recent statement, the Ministry also said that if a state moves to the next phase, the operation of educational institutions under the MOE in accordance with the new phase will be implemented after two (2) weeks from the date of transition.
Starting October 1, 2021, the states of Selangor and Melaka as well as the Federal Territories of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya will move to Phase 3 of PPN. Therefore, the operation of educational institutions in the state in accordance with the provisions of PPN Phase 3 will begin on October 18, 2021.The Ministry of Education
This involves an increase in the enrollment of students including:
- Preschool students
- Public examination classes in full boarding schools/day schools/private schools
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBD)
- Sukan Sekolah Malaysia Pre-University
- Other international examination classes
Meanwhile, MOE mentioned that the opening of educational institutions under the Ministry in Kedah will remain on 10 October 2021 for Form 6 Semester 2 students and international examination classes (IGCSE O-Level).
As the state of Kedah will move to Phase 2 on 1 October 2021, the operation of educational institutions including Vocational Colleges based on the PPN Phase 2 regulations will only begin on 17 October 2021.The Ministry of Education
As for Sarawak, the Ministry said that with the Southern Zone of Sarawak transitioning to Phase 3 starting 1 October 2021, educational institutions under the Ministry for this zone will still reopen on 4 October 2021 based on PPN Phase 2 operating regulations.
The operation of educational institutions in the Southern Zone of Sarawak based on the state ruling Phase 3 PPN will only begin on 18 October 2021.
No face-to-face learning in EMCO Areas
For Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) areas, MOE said in such areas all educational institutions under them are closed and all students in the affected areas must follow home teaching and learning (PdPR) instead.
Educational institutions under the MOE in this media statement also refers to private educational institutions registered under the MOE for the school category and the centre category.The Ministry of Education
Unkempt in both stories and appearance, Hakim loves tech but tech left him on read, previously he used to write about tall buildings and unoccupied spaces that he can't afford, and legend has it that he still can't afford it to this day