MET Malaysia’s latest data says that the rain and thunderstorm will also hit two Federal Territories.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
The National Meteorological Department (MET Malaysia) issued a thunderstorm warning today and according to their map it is a big one.
As of 12:50pm, the weather event is expected to start at 3pm.
Expect heavy rain, thunder and lining in:
- Kuala Lumpur
- Pulau Pinang
- Johor (Mersing, Kulai, Kota Tinggi)
- Kedah (Langkawi, Kubang Pasu, Kota Setar, Pokok Sena, Padang Terap, Yan, Pendang, Kuala Muda, Sik, Baling, Kulim)
- Perak (Kinta, Kampar, Bagan Datuk, Hilir Perak, Batang Padang, Mualli)m
- Kelantan (Tumpat, Kota Bharu, Bachok, Pasir Puteh)
- Terengganu (Besut Setiu, Kuala Nerus, Kuala Terengganu, Marang, Dungun, Kemaman)
- Pahang (Tanah Tinggi Cameron, Raub, Bentong, Kuantan, Pekan, Rompin)
- Negeri Sembilan
- Sarawak (Lawas)
- Sabah (Putatan, Penampang, Kota Kinabalu, Tuaran, Kota Belud)
The storm warning was issued twice and each time it just gets bigger.
You should probably stay at home, But if you have to go out, be extra careful and take an umbrella with you.