[Just In] Prime Minister Announces Perks For Malaysians Who Have Completed Their Covid-19 Vaccination
These perks will be enforced starting Tuesday, 10 August.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Prime Minister Tan Sri Mahiaddin Md Yasin today (8 August) announced benefits and freedoms for Malaysians who have completed their Covid-19 vaccination.
An individual is considered to have completed their vaccination:
- 14 days after they have completed their two-dose Covid-19 vaccination. (Pfizer, AstraZeneca, dan Sinovac)
- 28 days after receiving a one-dose Covid- 19 vaccination. (Johnson & Johnson dan CanSino)
These perks will be available to all individuals who have been vaccinated and has a Digital Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate that shows a complete vaccination in all Phases of the PPN starting Tuesday, 10 August 2021.
Quarantine and Travel
- Vaccinated foreign and local travellers with residence in Malaysia (including PR and Malaysia My Second Home) that arrived from abroad are allowed to quarantine at home and is issued a digital Home Surveillance Order (HSO).
- Vaccinated long-distance couples are allowed to cross state and district lines.
- Vaccinated parents are allowed to cross district and state lines to meet their children under 18-years old.
- Show an approved negative RT PCR test result done three days before departure.
- Shows no symptoms at the International Gateway (PMA).
- Has a valid completed Covid-19 vaccination certificate.
- Has an appropriate residence for quarantine.
- The period of quarantine is based on advise by the Ministry of Health.
Congregational prayers are allowed for those who are fully vaccinated.
- Masjid and Surau Authorities must ensure that the SOP, such as wearing a face covering, physical distancing, and that the congregation disperse after prayers.
- Each member of the congregation must show their Digital Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate to the officers in charge.
- The same leeway is given to non-Muslim houses of worship as well.
- These permissions are subject to the State Religious Authority and Ministry of National Unity.
The following is applicable for states in Phase 2 and above only.
- Crossing district lines is allowed for those who have completed their Covid-19 vaccination.
- Those who wish to do so must show their Digital Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate to the relevant authority.
- Crossing state lines is not allowed.
Dine-in is allowed
- This is considered high risk.
- The public is advised to only dine-in if needed and not to linger. Pick an eatery with good ventilation and prefer takeaway instead.
- Eateries are advised to provide more outdoor seating for better ventilation.
- The owner of the premises must ensure that those who wish to dine-in show their Digital Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate.
- For parents with children under 17-years-old, ensure that they are following the SOP while dining in.
- The owner of the premise must display the number of staff that are fully vaccinated at the entrance.
- The owner of the premise must ensure that the table layout complies with physical distancing (1 meter) and that the premise has good ventilation.
- The owner of the premise must make sure that the capacity of each table is only 50%.
Sports And Recreation
Non-contact and individual outdoor activities are allowed.
- Sports and recreational activities may be done outdoors from 6 am to 10 pm.
- Dine-in at restaurants and cafes in the clubhouses premises are allowed. The owner must ensure that those who wish to dine-in show their Digital Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate.
- Permissible activities include jogging, exercise, taichi, cycling, skateboarding, fishing equestrian, archery, climbing, tennis (single), badminton (single), golf, motoring, and alike.
- The operation of all outdoor sports and recreational facilities is limited to 60 % of the area or user capacity.
- Limited to 60% staff.
Tourism activities involving homestay and hotels within the same state are allowed.
- The management of homestays and hotels must ensure that their visitors have a Digital Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate.
Leeway for the economic sector is still in discussions at the National Security Council (MKN) level and will be announced soon.
Share your thoughts with us via TRP’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.