Now Reading
More Key Economic Sectors Allowed To Operate In EMCO Areas, Says MITI

More Key Economic Sectors Allowed To Operate In EMCO Areas, Says MITI

The electrical & electronics, aerospace, machinery & equipment, and key food and beverage manufacturing sector are now allowed to operate.

Azizul Rahman Ismail

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.


The Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) announced that the Electrical & Electronics (E&E) sector and its supply chains, as well as the key food and beverage manufacturing companies are now allowed to operate in localities subject to the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) in Selangor, beginning today.

This includes the Aerospace sector (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO)) and the Machinery and Equipment (M&E) sector for the production of healthcare and food products.

Therefore all critical sectors that support the production of healthcare products, food and beverages, as well as the global supply chain are allowed to operate during EMCO in Selangor.

The announcement was made after a Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Tan Sri Mahiaddin Md Yasin.

Companies in these sectors can resume operations using the existing COVID-19 Intelligent Management System (CIMS) 3.0 approval letter which bears the acronym ‘PKP 3.0’ and dated June 2021 and later.

Companies that wish to remain operational must comply with the workforce capacity limit of 60%. The remaining 40 % must follow the Work From Home policy.

Enforcement will also be based on the Hotspot Identification for Dynamic Engagement (HIDE) Early Warning System.

Any company found violating the SOPs will be subject to legal action including fines or closure of the premises for a certain period of time.


Share your thoughts with us via TRP’s FacebookTwitter, and Instagram.

View Comments (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

13 + twelve =

© 2021 The Rakyat Post. All Rights Reserved. Owned by 3rd Wave Media Sdn Bhd