Some parts of Selangor and Kuala Lumpur will be under EMCO from 3 to 16 July 2021.
Subscribe to our new Telegram channel for the latest updates and stories.
Some districts in Selangor and several areas in Kuala Lumpur will be under the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) for 14 days from starting from 3 July 2021 to 16 July 2021.
Here are the districts/areas which will be affected:
- Projek Perumahan Rakyat (PPR) Sri Semarak
- Projek Perumahan Rakyat (PPR) Batu Muda
- Flat Seksyen 2 Wangsa Maju
- Flat Seksyen 1 Wangsa Maju
- Kampung Padang Balang
- Taman Koperasi Polis (Fasa 1 & 2)
- Flat Sri Sabah
- Kampung Puah
- Projek Perumahan Rakyat (PPR) Kampung Baru Air Panas
- Flat Desa Pandan (Termasuk Baiduri & Delima)
- Kampung Batu Muda
- Projek Perumahan Rakyat (PPR) Kerinchi
- Bandar Baru Sentul
- Taman Ikan Emas
- Sg. Buloh
- Bukit Raja
- Hulu Kelang
- Hulu Langat
- Tanjung 12 (1)
- Tanjung 12 (2)
- Teluk Panglima Garang
- Bestari Jaya
- Tanjung Karang
- Ulu Yam
- Batang Kali
Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri said that the decision was made after these states show high infection rates.
Selangor reports an average daily case of Covid-19 between 1,800 to 1,900 while in Kuala Lumpur the has average of around 600 to 1,000 cases daily.
He also said that districts in Selangor and WP Kuala Lumpur reported incidence of Covid-19 cases exceeding 12.1 for every 100,000 residents.
The projected data of the infectious value rate (R-naught) in these two states is still in the range of 1.0 and does not show a downward trend. This situation is worrisome when taken into account population density and the contagion of three more new variants violent i.e. Beta variant B.1.351 (South Africa), Delta B.1.617.2 (India) and Alpha B.1.1.7 (UK).Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri
What happens during EMCO
With the implementation of this EMCO, Ismail Sabri said all routes in the EMCO area will be closed and controlled by PDRM.
- All residents in the EMCO area are not allowed to leave their homes except for one (1) household representative to buy basic necessities in the EMCO area within a radius of 10 kilometers from the residence.
- The Health Ministry will conduct targeted screening tests on all residents in the affected areas.
- Movement across districts and states for the purpose of Covid-19 vaccination at Vaccination Centers (PPV) outside the district or state of residence is permitted by showing appointment details on the MySejahtera application, website or SMS.
- Meanwhile, airports and ports are allowed to operate as usual but public transport activities and services such as trains, commuters, buses, airports, taxis, ferries, e-hailing are allowed to operate as usual with a capacity of 50%.
- The number of passengers in taxis and e-hailing is limited to two (2) people only including the driver.
- No movement outside the residential area is allowed after 8.00 pm except for emergency cases or with the permission of PDRM.
- Within this period, only the essential services sector are allowed to operate from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm such as utilities, cleaning and sewage.
- Only food factories and basic daily necessities such as rice, white bread (loaf), sugar, cooking oil, wheat flour, fresh milk, infant milk powder, medicines, and face masks are allowed to operate.
- Permission to work only for essential services or to perform official Government duties with a letter of confirmation from the employer or a valid employee pass.
- Employees who are not part of essential services are note allowed to leave the EMCO area and cannot work during the EMCO period.
- Employers are required to comply with this order and allow employees to work from home.
- Only employees from necessary services and factories and authorized business premises can use the previously issued MITI letter.
- Restaurants, shops/food stalls, food trucks, roadside hawkers, street hawkers, food courts/hawker centers, roadside food stalls/kiosks are allowed to operate between 8.00 am to 8.00 pm.
- Purchase of food by take away, drive-thru or delivery only is permitted.
- Grocery stores, convenience stores, daily necessities stores are allowed to operate between 8.00 am to 8.00 pm.
- Hospitals, clinics and medical laboratories are allowed to operate for up to 24 hours or in accordance with their licenses.
- Pharmacies, drug stores, animal clinics, pet food stores, are allowed to operate between 8.00 am to 8.00 pm.
- Petrol stations are allowed to operate between 6.00 am to 8.00 pm except petrol stations on toll highways operate for up to 24 hours.
- The wholesale market is allowed to operate from 12.00 am to 6.00 am.
- Public Markets, Permanent Farmers Markets (PTK) & MyFarm Outlets (MFO) are allowed to operate from 6.00 am to 2.00 pm.
- Any sports, social, recreational and cultural activities are not allowed.
The permissions and SOPs as stated above are part of the full SOP. This SOP is used for the implementation of EMCO in the mukims in the State of Selangor and localities in WP Kuala Lumpur.Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri
Unkempt in both stories and appearance, Hakim loves tech but tech left him on read, previously he used to write about tall buildings and unoccupied spaces that he can't afford, and legend has it that he still can't afford it to this day