Details based on what Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said on Sunday (27 June).
Subscribe to our new Telegram channel for the latest updates and stories.
Senior Minister (Security cluster), Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob in his briefing yesterday (27 June) clarifies the standard operating procedures (SOPs) for phase 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the Movement Control Order under the National Recovery Plan (PPN).
Here is what he said in a simple list form:
Phase 1 (where we are right now)
- 6 am to 10pm for:
- Food stalls.
- Food trucks.
- Roadside hawkers.
- Food courts.
- Food kiosks.
- Interstate and interdistrict travel will still not be allowed.
- Except for school teachers and exam-year students.
- Interstate travel for long-distance couples is allowed:
- Special and emergency cases only
- Subject to approval from the Royal Malaysia Police
- Manufacturing sector allowed (From 8 am to 8 pm only):
- Automotive (vehicles and components).
- Furniture factories for export purposes.
- Distributive trade sector allowed (From 8 am to 8 pm only):
- Books and stationery.
- Computer and telecommunications.
- Electric products.
- Car washes.
- Hairdressers (basic haircuts only).
- All individual and non-physical contact sports and recreational activities are allowed.
- Farmers’ markets and morning markets (7 am to 11 am). Limited to:
- Processed chicken
- Weekend markets and night markets are not allowed.
- All economic activities are allowed to operate except:
- High-risk activities
- Those listed in the negative list:
- Beauty and health (pedicure and manicure) centres.
- Interdistrict travel is allowed.
- Dining in at restaurants is allowed:
- Two people per table with physical distancing.
- Markets are allowed:
- Night markets.
- Farmers’ markets.
- Weekend markets.
- Beauty salons are allowed to open:
- Strict compliance with the SOPs.
- Tourism activities are allowed:
- Within the state only.
- Attractions subject to current risk assessments and strict SOPs.
- Creative industry is allowed:
- Live events without an audience.
- Three people, including the driver and for:
- Public transport:
- e-Hailing services.
- Private vehicles.
- Public transport:
- Interstate travel is not allowed.
- Social activities are not allowed.
- Except receiving guests or visitors at home (limited to 10).
- Return to normal.
- All sectors open.
- Subject to SOPs.
READ MORE: Malaysia Could Enter Phase 2 By Mid-July
READ MORE: MCO To Continue According To Recovery Plan