Errata To The New MCO 3.0 Rules
2-hour shopping limit, one person every 4 square meters of space, and high-risk areas will be closed for 3 days.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Just when we thought the dust had settled and we were all ready to hunker down for the new MCO 3.0, the office of the Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Ministry released a 4-page document adding more details to the SOP.
The document was released on Sunday afternoon on Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister, Datuk Seri Alexander Nanta Linggi’s Twitter page.
The document consists of five additions to the MCO 3.0 SOP:
- All personal care centres, except those listed under activities that are not allowed to operate, can do so between 8am and 10pm.
- The maximum number of people in retail premises, including malls, is 1 person for every 4 square meters.
- Customers at all retail premises including malls are limited to 2 hours per visit.
- The maximum staff capacity for retail, wholesale, distribution, and shopping complex, including management, operational, and support is limited to 60%.
- Retail premises including shopping centres, listed in the Hotspot Identification for Dynamic Engagement (HIDE) system that is still high risk after a risk assessment by the Health Ministry, will be closed immediately for three days for sanitation.
To enforce these rules, the Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Ministry will deploy 2,262 offices nationwide.
“The ministry hopes that the addition of these new restrictions will receive the full cooperation of all who are involved,” said Alexander in the statement.
Share your thoughts with us via TRP’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.