Selangor CM Datuk Amirudin Shari said they have been operating for 25 days already.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Starting 8 May, all Ramadhan bazaars in Selangor will not be allowed to operate, based on an announcement made by the Chief Minister, Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari.
In the press conference today, he said that although the Federal government has announced that it is allowed, the state government would still continue with the ban.
We have reached the decision that Ramadhan bazaars will not be allowed to operate starting Saturday, this is to allow bazaar and stall owners to clear up their stock. Considering that they have been operating for 25 days come Friday, so it’s not cruel for us to order them to stop their operations.Selangor Chief Minister Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari
Meanwhile, Hari Raya bazaars and night markets are still allowed to operate throughout the Movement Control Order (MCO) period but they are only allowed to open until 10 pm and are subject to conditions set by the state government.
Amirudin said among the conditions set for these markets include:
- Limiting amount of people according to the size of the premise
- Using a numbering system to know how many people are in the premise at one time.
- Entry ban for children under the age of 12
As for dine-ins, the Selangor CM said that it is not allowed but eateries, shops and petrol stations can now operate from 6 am to 12 am.
Unkempt in both stories and appearance, Hakim loves tech but tech left him on read, previously he used to write about tall buildings and unoccupied spaces that he can't afford, and legend has it that he still can't afford it to this day