19 schools have been ordered close.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Several schools across Petaling, Selangor have been ordered to close today after Covid-19 infections began spreading.
Bernama reports that the Petaling District Health Office has ordered 19 schools to close down for disinfection and close contact tracing of students and teachers, which are:
- SAM Bestari Subang (4 cases)
- SMK Puchong Utama 1 (4 cases)
- SK USJ 20 (2 cases)
- SMK USJ 23 (2 cases)
- SMK Bukit Jelutong (1 case)
- SK Puchong Perdana (1 case)
- SK Bandar Baru Sri Damansara 2 (1 case)
- SK Bukit Kuchai (1 case)
- SMK Bandar Sri Damansara 2 (1 case)
- SK Bandar Sri Damansara 3 (1 case)
- SJKC Yuk Chai (1 case)
- SMK Damansara Jaya (1 case)
- SK Bukit Jelutong (1 case)
- SMK Seksyen 7 (1 case)
- SMK Puchong (1 case)
- SMK Seksyen 4 Bandar Kinrara (1 case)
- SMK Bandar Puncak Jalil (1 case)
- SMK Seksyen 20 (1 case)
- SMK Puchong Perdana (1 case)
Any reopening will be announced two days prior.
In March, Health Director-General Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah stated that 41 Covid-19 clusters were linked to the reopening of schools nationwide, including institutions of higher education, Islamic schools, secondary schools, primary and preschools.
As of 19th April 2021, Selangor records 2,486 active infections. Petaling is a red zone with a total of 1,941 Covid-19 cases reported in the last 14 days.
She puts the pun in Punjabi. With a background in healthcare, lifestyle writing and memes, this lady's articles walk a fine line between pun-dai and pun-ishing.