9.4 million people are expected to get their shots from April to August 2021.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Phase two of the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme (PICK) will begin on 19th April, announced Science, Technology & Innovation Minister Khairy Jamaluddin.
This second phase of the vaccination programme is expected to be carried out from April to August 2021 and given to an estimated 9.4 million people.
Here’s who’s eligible to receive the the vaccines:
- Group 1 – All remaining healthcare,essential services personnel and frontliners who did not receive their jabs in Phase 1.
- Group 2 – Senior citizens aged 60 and above, and high-risk individuals with chronic illnesses and persons with disabilities (OKU).
Khairy explained that if there’s additional vaccines, the general public who have already signed up for the Covid-19 vaccine on MySejahtera will be able to get their jabs as well. Priority is given to residents in Covid-19 red and yellow zones.
However, high-risk groups under the second phase who registered late for their shots will be pushed to the top of the queue,
Appointment reminders will be sent to eligible recipients beginning 5th April via text messaging, phone calls and MySejahtera.
How to register for Covid-19 vaccine
The public must register themselves in order to get the vaccine. Registrations can be made via:
- MySejahtera mobile application (HERE)
- National Immunisation Programme official website (HERE)
- National Immunisation Programme public hotline – 1800-888-828
- Walk-in registration at public and private healthcare facilities
- Public outreach programs in rural areas.
She puts the pun in Punjabi. With a background in healthcare, lifestyle writing and memes, this lady's articles walk a fine line between pun-dai and pun-ishing.