This applies to business and industries in Penang, Selangor, Melaka, Johor, Sabah and the Federal Territories of Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Labuan.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Senior Minister (International Trade & Industry) Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali has released a statement today (12 January) explaining the economic sectors in the essential services that are allowed to operate during the Movement Control Order (MCO) that comes into effect on 13 January in 6 states.
This affects Penang, Selangor, Melaka, Johor, Sabah and the Federal Territories of Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Labuan.
MITI has formulated a set of comprehensive, relevant and practical Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). These SOPs will enable the smooth flow of operations and ensure effective implementation of Business Continuity Plan, particularly for the duration of MCO, beginning 13 January 2021 until 26 January 2021.Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali, Senior Minister and International Trade & Industry Minister.
These are the categories under the industries deemed as essential economic sectors by MITI:
1. Factories and manufacturing sector
- Aerospace including MRO
- Manufacturing and After Sales Automotive Services
- Food, beverages and their supply chains
- Packaging and printing
- Household products, personal care items (FMCG – soap, personal cleansers, etc.) and detergents including its supply chains
- Health and medical care including dietary supplements
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) and fire safety equipment
- Components for medical devices
- Electrical and electronic
- Oil and Gas
- Petrochemicals and petrochemical products
- Chemical products;
- Machines and equipment
- Ceramics (ceramics as a mold for making gloves);
- Iron and steel
- Textiles (involving the production of PPE)
- Furniture sector
- Production, distillation, storage, supply and distribution of fuel and lubricants
Manufacturing companies need to have registered with MITI’s Covid-19 Intelligent Management System (CIMS) in order to operated during the MCO period,
Companies that have registered via CIMS through the link (HERE) do not need to re-register. These companies are only required to download the notification of registration confirmation, beginning today (12 Jan) at 3.00 pm.
Manufacturing companies in essential services that have not registered with CIMS can do so at the MITI website (HERE) from 3.00 pm, 12 January. The notification of registration confirmation can be downloaded by the company upon completion of registration.
2. Construction sector
Critical maintenance and repair work:
- Major public infrastructure construction works
- Construction work on buildings that provide accommodation for workers complete at the construction site or workers housed in the Centralized Labour Quarters (CLQ).
Kenyataan Media— KKR Malaysia (@MOWorks) January 12, 2021
Kerja Pembinaan Kritikal Boleh Diteruskan Sepanjang PKP pic.twitter.com/DBSldDjcum
3. Business and services sector
1. Financial Services and its chain:
- Financial Institutions (Banking, Insurance, Takaful and other entities that licensed, approved or registered by Bank Negara Malaysia)
- Capital market entities licensed, registered or regulated by Securities Commission Malaysia.
2. Municipal and local government services:
- Mortgage / community credit (licensed moneylender company)
- Solid waste / sewerage management
- Public cleaning; and
- Premises cleaning and sanitation.
3. Telecommunication and digital infrastructure including ICT services and global business services (GBS).
4. E-Commerce and its chains include e-marketplace services, payments digital and local e-commerce internet centers.
5. Hotels and accommodations
6. Agriculture, fisheries and livestock sector including veterinary services:
- Farm management / swiftlet nest / horse / animal processing plant / slaughterhouse / livestock / animal feed factory / supplier such as vaccines / livestock management / pet stores (transfer operations livestock is at night)
- Disease control and regulated livestock production, livestock input and products related to the livestock industry (including exports and imports)
- Health management, disease diagnosis and animal treatment
7. Utilities (water and energy)
8. Professional services (including accountants / lawyers / auditors / engineers / architects), scientific (including R&D) and technical (including maintenance).
9. Security Services
10. Security and Defense
11. Transport by land, water and air
12. Services and enterprises of ports, ports and airports, including cargo loading and unloading, shipping, storage or commodity production.
4. Supply and distribution sector
- Warehousing and Logistics
- Food / Beverage Service / Sale / Delivery
- Retail / Distribution / Wholesale
5. Agriculture and commodities sector
- Agriculture, fisheries and livestock and its chains
- Plantations and commodities and their chains
Any services, work, industry and business as such determined by the Health Minister after consultation with the authorities who regulate said services, jobs, industries and businesses.
Employers need to provide approval letters for employee movements
Employees of the company who are allowed to be at work according to the specified times are required to bring along a copy of the notification provided by the employer together with the employee pass / employer confirmation letter.
This is to facilitate the movement of commercial vehicles as well as the movement of workers between residence and workplace.
PDRM has been informed regarding this process to facilitate movement during roadblock operations.
Only 30% of management allowed at the workplace
Only 30% employees in the management group are allowed to be in the office.
The number of support staff and employees directly involved in the production line will be determined by their respective employers, taking into account strict compliance to the SOP.
Work from home as default
For employees of other sectors not listed in the essential services list, the Work From Home (WFH) directive will apply.
It is MANDATORY for employers to implement WFH practices for management team staff which includes tasks involving accounting, finance, administration, legislation, planning, ICT and related.
She puts the pun in Punjabi. With a background in healthcare, lifestyle writing and memes, this lady's articles walk a fine line between pun-dai and pun-ishing.