This is an English translation of the official CMCO SOP published by the National Security Council.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
This SOP is outdated. Please refer to our website for the latest updates.
- Kuala Lumpur
- Selangor (except Sabak Bernam, Hulu Selangor and Kuala Selangor districts)
- Kedah (Kulim district)
- Penang (Mukim 12: Barat Daya & Mukim 13: Timur Laut)
- Perak (Mukim Hulu Kinta: Ipoh & Chemor Areas, and Mukim Changkat Jong, Hilir Perak)
- Negeri Sembilan (Seremban & Port Dickson districts)
- Kelantan (Penggawa District: Mukim Kubang Kerian & Mukim Kusial)
- Johor (Johor Bahru, Kota Tinggi, Batu Pahat & Kulai districts)
Effective 18 December 2020 (from 12.01 am) until 20 December 2020 (11.59 pm)
- Chain of economic and industrial activities.
- Performing Official Government Duties.
- Seeking healthcare, situations of emergency and death.
Activities not allowed
List of Unauthorized Activities (HERE)
- Act 342 (Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act 1988)
- Subject to rulings issued by MKN and MOH.
- Instructions, rules and SOPs under the Ministry / Department / Agency.
- Other instructions from time to time issued by the Health Director-General.
- Travelling between CMCO areas and RMCO areas is ALLOWED.
- Police permission is REQUIRED for travel into EMCO areas.
- Number of passengers within private vehicles are subject to vehicle capacity. However, high-risk individuals and children are not encouraged to go out into public, open and crowded areas.
- Number of passengers within commercial vehicles for transporting goods and services, as well as economic/industrial chain of activities is subject to the registration licence of the vehicle.
- Movement of private vehicles, Government departments or private companies for the purpose of going to and from workplace or for official government business is dependent on the seating capacity of the vehicle.
- Activities and services at all airports and ports are ALLOWED to operate.
- Public transport services such as busses, express bus, LRT / MRT / ERL / Monorail, ferry, plane, taxi/e-hailing and other public transportation are ALLOWED to operate (operating hours subject to license terms) dependent on vehicle capacity.
- Food delivery service is ALLOWED to operate from 6.00 am to 12.00 midnight throughout the CMCO period.
ACTIVITIES AND PROTOCOLS
Movement Control At Sea
- The movement of small boats from the islands in the state of Sabah to the mainland including the movement of boats in the coastal areas is only ALLOWED with a capacity of 50% from 6.00 am to 6.00 pm only.
- Fishing boats in ESSZONE waters registered with the Department of Fisheries are only ALLOWED from 6.00 am to 6.00 pm (only at authorized jetties). This permission is subject to the permit issued by the District Police Chief.
- The movement of the following vessels are also NOT ALLOWED for:
- a) All Indonesian and Philippine Non-Convention Ships (NCS) ships entering the waters of ESSZONE, Sabah, Malaysia. All NCS Malaysia Ships from ESSZONE waters to the Philippines and Indonesia;
- b) Indonesian fish transport vessels to Tawau; and
- c) NCS ships from the Philippines passing through Sabah waters to W.P Labuan.
- Note: All of these NCS vessels are small vessels under the International Maritime Organization Standard
- Scuba diving activities are ALLOWED to operate with a 50% passenger capacity for boats carrying divers to diving locations and 50% capacity in the field in compliance with the SOP set by the Sabah Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Environment. However, this activity is NOT ALLOWED in the localities enforced by EMCO.
- Movements for Sign On / Sign Off of the shipping industry as well as oil and gas are ALLOWED to operate in accordance with current regulations and SOPs in effect. Entry from the Red Zone at the sea and air entrances for Sign On must be accompanied by COVID-19 Negative validation test results three (3) days from the date of entry and must undergo mandatory quarantine 14 days prior to Sign On.
- Water transport services for RoRo Ferries, Express Ferries and Speedboats are ALLOWED to operate with limited capacity based on physical distancing in transport from 6.00 am to 10.00 pm.
- Water taxi, miner and transit transport services are ALLOWED to operate from 6.00 am to 10.00 pm except for Sign Off activities.
- Transportation services for Sign Off activities are only ALLOWED to operate from 6.00 am to 6.00 pm only in compliance with the current rules and SOPs in effect.
- NCS Ship (Kumpit) Activities to Labuan for transhipment purposes is NOT ALLOWED.
- For ships coming from Sabah, Sarawak and outside the waters of WP Labuan to WP Labuan within 14 days, crews who do Sign Off must be quarantined for 14 days.
Activities Within CMCO Areas
- Business / economy / industry are ALLOWED to operate as prescribed by the Government.
- Supermarkets, Shopping Malls and Retail Stores are ALLOWED to operate according to the SOP from 6.00 am to 12.00 midnight.
- Restaurants, shops / food stalls, food trucks, roadside hawkers, circulating hawkers, food court / hawker center, roadside stalls / kiosks, grocery stores and convenience stores are ALLOWED to operate from 6.00 am to 12.00 midnight according to the Food Sector SOP.
- Restaurants and eateries are ALLOWED to operate on a dine-in basis (WITH 1 METER DISTANCING BETWEEN CUSTOMERS according to table size), take away, delivery or drive-through in compliance with the Food Sector SOP (Business Premises , Non-Premises Hawkers, Building Markets and Retail / Retail Food & Beverage). Operation hours are allowed from 6.00am to 12.00 midnight (subject to license terms).
- Daily market, wholesale market, farmers market, night market and Bazar Larut Malam (uptown, downtown and the like) operation hours are according to licence/permit until 12.00 midnight with SOP compliance and supervision by RELA / local government personnel.
- Pumping operation hours at petrol stations are from 6.00 am to 12.00 midnight (except petrol station operations on the highway which are allowed to operate 24 hours).
- Laundromat operations are ALLOWED from 6.00 am to 12.00 midnight.
- Operations of other businesses for daily needs are ALLOWED from 6.00 am to 12.00 midnight (subject to license terms).
Medical / Health Services
- Government and private clinics and hospitals are ALLOWED to operate 24 hours or according to time set by the Government.
- Pharmacies and drug stores operate from 8.00 am to 12.00 midnight.
- The owner of the premises ensures control of the entry and exit of customers to the premises with 1 meter physical distancing.
- The owner of the premises ensures that customers check in on the premises using MySejahtera or by manually writing their name and phone number as well as scanning body temperatures. A body temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius and above is NOT ALLOWED to enter the premises.
- Premise owners limit the number of customers on the premises in a given time and display the maximum number of customers on the premises.
- Employees, suppliers and customers are required to wear face masks properly according to MOH recommendations while on the premises.
- It is mandatory to wear a face mask while in a crowded public area.
- Movement in / out across CMCO and RMCO areas is ALLOWED.
- Movement into EMCO areas is NOT ALLOWED.
- Occupational activities based on Public Service Department Circular / Directive for civil servants and private sector employees.
- Vehicles carrying employees including private vehicles are ALLOWED to operate with SOP compliance.
Sports and Recreational Activities
- Sports and recreational activities without physical contact (indoor and outdoor) are allowed. Activities carried out individually must not exceed 10 people by ensuring social distancing (static activity: 1-3 meters and dynamic activities: 3-5 meters) such as walking, jogging, cycling, self-training gymnastics, hiking, fishing etc. are ALLOWED with compliance to the Sports & Recreation SOP.
- Permission to operate and use sports facilities by the public is RESTRICTED to training activities that do not involve physical contact and with compliance to the Sports & Recreation SOP. User capacity for each premise involved should not exceed 50% of the total capacity limit. Every sports operator and organiser needs to schedule the implementation of training if there are many participants by limiting the number of users at any one time.
- Existing centralized training programs implemented by the National Sports Council and The Sports Council of the States can be continued on a “Quarantine Based” basis Approach ”as implemented at the MSN Bukit Jalil and Keramat Complex, Academy Badminton Malaysia, Bukit Kiara, Paralympic Sports Center of Excellence, Kg. Pandan, Sunway Megalanes and Velodrome, Nilai.
Economic Sector Activities and Industry
- Economic and industrial sector activities in CMCO areas are carried out as prescribed by the Government with compliance to the prescribed SOP.
- All vehicles related to industry, business and manufacturing are ALLOWED to operate including across districts and states.
Fisheries, Plantation and Agriculture Sector Activities
Fisheries, plantation, agriculture, livestock and all related sectors of the food chain are ALLOWED to operate.
- Activities in mosques and suraus are ALLOWED with attendance limits set by the State Religious Authority.
- Activities in non-Muslim places of worship are ALLOWED with attendance limits set by MKN / MOH / State Government and Ministry of Federal Territories for houses of worship in the Federal Territories.
- Islamic wedding ceremony (akad nikah) is ALLOWED with the presence of a maximum limit of 30 people only based on the size of the space and the physical distancing in the Religious office or subject to the amount prescribed by the State Religious Authority.
- Non-Muslim wedding ceremonies are ALLOWED with a maximum attendance of 30 people based on the area of space and physical distancing in the National Registration Department / House of Worship / Non-Muslim Religious Associations.
- Recording activities for music, concerts, filming, talk shows and such is ALLOWED either for in-door recording (studio) or RESTRICTED for off-premises in CMCO areas with only a minimum number of crew and WITHOUT AUDIENCE and in compliance with the Creative Industry SOP.
- Live event activities are allowed without spectators with the number of crew and staff set by Communications & Multimedia Ministry.
- Busking activities indoors are ALLOWED with a set performance time and number of spectators determined by the Communications & Multimedia Ministry.
Childcare Centre and Nursery
- Childcare centers, nurseries and kindergartens are allowed to operate with permission to operate by relevant Ministries / Agencies.
- Parents / guardians who send children to childcare are allowed to use vehicles with the number of child passengers according to the capacity of the vehicle.
MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions)
Business events related to meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions are allowed to operate at 50% of the capacity of the premises in compliance with physical distancing, mandatory use of face masks and based on MICE CMCO SOP.
Tourism and Cultural Activities
The following activities are allowed to operate at 50% of the capacity of the premises by complying with physical distancing, mandating the wearing of face masks and based on the relevant CMCO SOPs: –
• Public tourist attractions such as zoos, farms, aquariums, edutainment centers, recreational parks, extreme / adventure / nature parks and others;
• Premises of art, culture and heritage such as museums, libraries, art galleries, cultural heritage centers / villages, cultural performance stages and others;
• Theme Parks and Family Entertainment Centers.
Other tourism and cultural activities OTHER THAN the Negative List are subject to the existing CMCO SOPs of Tourism and Culture Sector which are in effect.
Face-to-face meetings for official business / work held at offices, hotels and other institutions are allowed in compliance with physical distancing, mandatory face mask and only 50% of the meeting room’s capacity.
Seminars / Workshops / Conferences / Exhibitions
- All Seminars / Workshops / Courses / Training / Conferences / Talks are allowed to operate at 50% of the capacity of the premises in compliance with physical distancing, mandatory use of face masks and based on the General SOP of Implementation of Official Government and Private Events.
- Ongoing in-service training CAN BE IMPLEMENTED only in the area of training institutions only.
Official and Informal Government and Private Events , Social Events such as feasts, weddings and engagements, receptions, aqiqah ceremonies, prayers for peace, tahlil, anniversary celebrations, birthday celebrations, reunions, retreats and other social gatherings are allowed to operate at 50% of the premises capacity by complying with physical distancing, mandating the wearing of face masks and in accordance with the General SOP of the Implementation of the Social Events.
Other Activities That Are Allowed
Other activities not included in the List of Unauthorized Activities (Negative List) is ALLOWED based on existing SOPs that have been set.
List of Activities that are NOT ALLOWED (Negative List)
- Activities at nightclubs or pubs.
- Activities at theme parks, indoor playgrounds and cinemas – except for green zones within CMCO areas which are allowed to carry out such activities.
- Concert activities or live events with the presence of spectators.
- Tuition classes, music classes, dance classes, arts, paid recital classes, paid language classes and so on EXCEPT individual (one-to-one) classes. Such activities are allowed in green zones within CMCO areas.
- EXCEPTIONS. School students, Public & Private Higher Education Institutes who take tests or examinations with institutions abroad are ALLOWED to attend to sit for exams only and not for learning sessions.
Sports and Recreation Activities
- Picnic activities, physical contact activities / combat sports, matches for team sports and tournament / competition organization activities.
- Sports and recreational activities that involve large-scale involvement and difficult to ensure physical distancing.
- Sports events and competitions in the presence of spectators, and sports events and competitions involving participants from abroad.
- Tourism activities at EMCO areas.
- Overseas tourism activities by citizens and domestic tourism activities involving foreign tourists entering Malaysia except foreign tourists from countries as stated by the Minister.
Others Which Are Not Allowed
- Any activity that may cause many people to be present in a place that makes it difficult for physical distancing and compliance with the instructions of the Health Director General.
- Other matters decided by the Government from time-to-time.
TRP's Head of Editorial, Hamzah was formerly a hard-news journalist who reported on politics, did investigative work, and occasionally went undercover. He now spends his days sitting at a desk, checking grammar and fielding calls from PR companies, which is totally fine and fulfilling. For sure. He's also married with kids now so his wife and mother said he can't do risky things anymore.