Constant vigilance is key.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
[Update: This article was updated to include Sunway Nexis.]
In recent days, multiple malls in the Klang Valley have put up announcements for Covid-19 alerts, for shoppers or staff who have tested positive and visited the malls.
This includes prominent malls such as:
Date – Location – details – (additional if anyone confirm negative)
- 26/9: Sunway Pyramid, with one staff at its flagship Nike outlet confirmed with Covid-19;
- 24/9: The LINC KL, where a parent of a child at Trinity Kids tested Covid-19 positive. However, all of the staff have tested negative though they are still awaiting the results of the child and the other parent;
- 27/9: KL Gateway Mall, which had an individual (who has since tested negative) in close contact with a Covid-19 patient who returned from Sabah;
- 27/9: Suria KLCC, which was visited by a Covid-19 positive gym member to make use of its Babel Fit branch;
- 27/9: NU Sentral which had one management staff test positive for Covid-19;
- 29/9: 3 Two Square, PJ, which had one staff test positive for Covid-19;
- 30/9: Sunway Nexis, Kota Damansara, which saw one tenant of Biz Suites test Covid-19 positive after a recent travel history to Sabah.
It is even more worrisome as all these malls announced the Covid-19 cases within days of each other, sparking fears of new clusters that could spread quickly within the Klang Valley.
After all, as we have learnt from experience, all it takes is just one superspreader to cause an outbreak.
However, all malls affected have performed strict disinfection measures in compliance with directives from the Ministry of Health.
Residents are urged to maintain constant vigilance in following SOPs such as wearing face masks and using hand-sanitizer, and to avoid going out unless absolutely necessary.
If at all necessary to visit a shopping mall, you should first check for announcements if there has been recent visits from Covid-19 positive cases.
Anne is an advocate of sustainable living and the circular economy, and has managed to mum-nag the team into using reusable containers to tapau food. She is also a proud parent of 4 cats and 1 rabbit.