At least you’re exempt from paying for it
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Everyone entering Peninsular Malaysia from Sabah between 27 September to 10 October will have to be screened for Covid-19.
However, those being screened because of this new measure will be exempted from paying for the test.
Health Director General Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, in a statement, said this was due to the increase of Covid-19 cases and clusters in Sabah which have resulted in 4 districts identified as red zones.
Those being screened will have to:
- Download and register the MySejahtera application and check-in using this application upon arrival at the Entrance (Domestic and International);
- Undergo airway symptomatic screening and Covid-19 detection screening test upon arrival at the Entrance (Domestic and International);
- Undertake a Home Surveillance Order (HSO). All individuals at the Entrance (Domestic and International) will be given an HSO letter, and will be wearing a quarantine bracelet. HSO dates will start from the date of arrival at the Entrance (Domestic and International) until laboratory results are obtained. HSO release will be given if laboratory test results show negative Covid-19;
- If there are individuals who need to continue their journey to their homes by public transport such as taxis and Grab cars, a letter of permission to go to the designated address will be given on that day; and
- If experiencing respiratory tract symptoms within 14 days from the date of return, the individual should undergo repeated screening for Covid-19.
You can read the full statement by Dr Noor Hisham (in Bahasa Malaysia) HERE.
TRP's Head of Editorial, Hamzah was formerly a hard-news journalist who reported on politics, did investigative work, and occasionally went undercover. He now spends his days sitting at a desk, checking grammar and fielding calls from PR companies, which is totally fine and fulfilling. For sure. He's also married with kids now so his wife and mother said he can't do risky things anymore.