Subscribe to our new Telegram channel for the latest updates on Covid-19 and other issues.
The Higher Education Ministry (MOHE) has announced that all university lectures and classes will be online until the 31st December 2020.
According to Malay Mail, the Ministry states that all face-to-face teaching and learning (PdP) are not allowed with exceptions for 5 academic groups.
These 5 groups are those who will gradually return to campuses and be allowed to be involved in the resumption of PdP programmes.
Post-graduate students in research mode in public and private universities have permission to continue their research immediately.
However, this only applies to students who need to be physically present in the laboratories, workshops, design studios or require special equipment to conduct their research.
Final year students, or those in their final semester of certificate, diploma and bachelors degree who are involved in clinical work, practical training, workshop, laboratory, design studio, practical work or rely on specialised equipment.
These students are allowed to resume PdP activities on campuses from 1st July onwards.
Final year students, or those in their final semester who do not have access or a conducive environment for online learning.
These students are allowed to return to campus from 1st July to utilise campus infrastructure for their online PdP.
Students with special needs in Technical and Vocational Training (TVET) programmes at polytechnic and community colleges who require face-to-face guidance to access PdP due to learning difficulties.
These students can return to campus from 1st August onwards.
New intake students for the 2020/21 academic year at:
- all public and private institutions
- polytechnics and community colleges for certificate, foundation and diploma involving Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) leavers
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) holders who will be entering first degree programmes
The admission dates for this category of students have been determined as follows:
- Certificate and diploma-level students at polytechnics and community colleges – 1st July
- Foundation, certificate, diploma and bachelors degree students at private institutions – 1st July
- Foundation and diploma students in public universities – 1st August
- Undergraduate degree and post-graduate research mode students in public and private institutions – 1st October.
Besides Group 1, these academic groups will be allowed to resume PdP activities subject to the deadline of the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO).
She puts the pun in Punjabi. With a background in healthcare, lifestyle writing and memes, this lady's articles walk a fine line between pun-dai and pun-ishing.