Subscribe to our new Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Confused regarding the status of your Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) aid applications? Here are some details from the Inland Revenue Board (LHDN) to help you sort things out;
“DALAM PROSSES” applications
1. What does the â€œDALAM PROCESSâ€ (In Process) or â€œDALAM PROCESS RAYUANâ€ (In Appeal Process) status on your application mean?
Both statuses apply to new BPN applications made between April 1 to 30, meaning that your application has been received and is still under review.
2. When will new applications and appeals be approved?
You can check your status now on BPNâ€™s official webpage.
3. When will BPN payouts be made for new applicants and BPN appeals?
Approved applicants will receive their money via online transfer straight into their bank accounts beginning May 15.
Applicants without an active bank account or if your approved applications list you as â€œTIADA AKAUNâ€ (No Account) or â€œGAGAL KREDITâ€ (Failed To Credit), you may proceed to any Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) outlets nationwide to receive your money in cash.
Cash repayments can be over the counter at BSN outlets from now until December 31, 2020, and do remember to bring along your MyKad ID and the BPN application serial number displayed on the portal.
â€œTIDAK LAYAKâ€ applications
So what happens if your BPN application fails or lists your status as â€œTIDAK LAYAKâ€?
Well according to LHDN, application results shown on the BPN portal are â€œfinalâ€, and lists several reasons to why an application might have failed;
- Applicants did not meet the age requirements to apply
- Checks revealed that the applicantâ€™s household (yourself and your spouse) income exceeds RM8,000.
- Check revealed that the applicantâ€™s income exceeds RM4,000
- The applicant is a student
- Not eligible for the BPN aid because the applicant or their spouse has a company or business listed under the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM).
- Duplicate marital status information
1. Can failed applications be appealed?
As mentioned, BPN application results are final and the government has yet to announce if appeals can be made.
Thereâ€™s also no extension period for BPN applications, meaning that if you missed out on the chance to apply before applications closed on April 30, youâ€™re out of luck.
Non-eligible business and company owners listed with SSM, as mentioned above, can also try to apply for the Geran Khas Prihatin (GKP) aid, made available by the government specifically for entrepreneurs.
Typing out trending topics and walking the fine line between deep and dumb.