Subscribe to our new Telegram channel for the latest updates on Covid-19 and other issues.
Senior Consultant Paediatrician Datuk Dr Amar Singh HSS said the country is not yet ready to end the Movement Control Order (MCO) as we’re still lacking in a few criteria set by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
Out of the six stipulated by WHO, he mentioned that we’re still lacking in testing and screening; health system capacity; contact tracing and community mindset.
Below are the six criteria listed by the organisation:
- Transmission is controlled
- Health system capacities are in place to detect, test, isolate and treat every case and trace every contact
- Outbreak risks are minimised in special settings like health facilities and nursing homes
- Preventive measures are in place in workplaces, schools and other places where itâ€™s essential for people to go
- Importation risks can be managed
- Communities are fully educated, engaged and empowered to adjust to the â€˜new normâ€™
To halt the spread of Covid-19, he said the public has to play a role and take responsibility, an area which Dr Amar added Malaysians are still lacking.
He also said that although the spread is still controllable, there are still new infection cases which means the disease is still spreading and if we’re not careful, it can cause an even larger second and third wave.
Unkempt in both stories and appearance, Hakim loves tech but tech left him on read, previously he used to write about tall buildings and unoccupied spaces that he can't afford, and legend has it that he still can't afford it to this day