We love it when our Malaysian universities get recognised
for the great academic work that they do.
So when the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2020 was released yesterday, it was cause for celebration.
13 Malaysian universities made it to the 2020 World University Rankings with 2 new additions; Multimedia University (MMU) & Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UniMAP)!
Last year, Malaysia saw 11 universities on the list.
The local universities are amongst 1,400 universities selected from 92 countries around the globe.
Our 13 pride-making institutions of higher education (in order of ranking) are:
- University Malaya (UM) â€“ Rank 301-350
- Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) â€“ Rank 501-600
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) â€“ Rank 601-800
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UniMAP) â€“ Rank 601-800
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) â€“ Rank 601-800
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) â€“ Rank 601-800
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) â€“ Rank 601-800
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP) â€“ Rank 601-800
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN) â€“ Rank 801-1000
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM) â€“ Rank 801-1000
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (Unimas) â€“ Rank 1001+
- Multimedia University (MMU) â€“ Rank 1001+
- Universiti Teknologi MARA â€“ Rank 1001+
In Southeast Asia, UM ranks third behind only National University of Singapore (No 25 at global ranking) and Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (No 48 at global ranking).
However, UM comes ahead of Universiti Brunei Darussalam (rank 401-500) which joins the World University Ranking this year for the first time.
Meanwhile, the University of Oxford remains as the No 1 university in the world, followed by California Institute of Technology and University of Cambridge at No 3.
Congratulations to all the Malaysian universities that made it to the prestigious list!
She puts the pun in Punjabi. With a background in healthcare, lifestyle writing and memes, this lady's articles walk a fine line between pun-dai and pun-ishing.