Travellers from abroad can apply for Home Quarantine if they meet these criteria.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Starting 29 September 2021, fully vaccinated travellers from abroad can now opt to undergo 14-day home quarantine upon arrival in Malaysia.
Travellers should apply for home quarantine at Home Quarantine Application (HQA) Ministry of Health (MOH) portal within 7 to 10 days before departure.
However, do note that the processing charter takes 7 working days. Hence, it’s best to submit your application within the 3-day window to have your home quarantine application approved in time.
Otherwise, you might find yourself forking out way more than expected for a hotel quarantine.
Criteria For Home Quarantine
To qualify for home quarantine, travellers must meet the Home Quarantine Qualifying Criteria.
- Travellers must have a home or residence in Malaysia (includes PR and MM2H).
- A negative Covid-19 PCR test result.
- Must be fully vaccinated.
- For double dose: More than 14 days since the date of the second dose.
- For single-dose: More than 28 days since the date of vaccine dose.
- Home or residence must be suitable based on risk evaluation which is based on the:
- Number of persons in said home or residence.
- Number of elderly persons in said home or residence (above 60 years of age).
- Number of children in said home or residence (below 12 years of age).
- Number of persons with chronic illnesses in said home or residence.
- Number of pregnant mothers in said home or residence.
- Number of rooms in said home or residence.
- Number of bathrooms in said home or residence.
- Number of bedrooms with en suite bathrooms in said home or residence.
Items Needed Upon Arrival
Here are the items travellers need to present to the Immigration Officer upon arrival in Malaysia:
- Entry Approval Letter
- Valid pass/ approval letter/ visa with reference (VDR)
- Results of Covid-19 RT-PCR test (if any)
- Scan the QR code “Traveller from Overseas” at the permitted entry point via MySejahtera app.
Travellers are also required to undergo another Covid-19 RT-PCR test by MOH. The cost of the test will be borne by travellers themselves.
A wristband or a tracker will be given to travellers and a digital Home Surveillance Order (HSO) will appear in the MySejahtera user profile throughout the quarantine period.
Perintah pengawasan dan pemerhatian (Home Surveillance Order) dan pelepasan perintah pengawasan dan pemerhatian (Release Order) kini akan di muat naik ke aplikasi MySejahtera.— KKMalaysia🇲🇾 (@KKMPutrajaya) August 2, 2021
Maklumat lanjut seperti di infografik. pic.twitter.com/LvchwJSZ52
The quarantine period lasts for 14 days but it might extend another 7 days depending on the risk evaluation carried out on the 14th day.
Permitted Entry Points In Malaysia
These are the permitted entry points in Malaysia so plan your journey accordingly.
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA 1 & 2).
- Sultan Ismail International Airport, Senai, Johor.
- Bayan Lepas International Airport, Penang.
- Langkawi International Airport, Kedah.
- Kuching International Airport, Sarawak.
- Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Sabah.
- Sultan Abu Bakar Complex (2nd Link), Johor (Entry by automobile).
- Immigration Checkpoint, Sultan Iskandar Building (BSI), Johor (Entry by automobile).
These measures will be reviewed regularly and might change. For a smoother journey, do check for updates at Expatriate Services Division.