Both debit card renewal methods are convenient but it depends on how urgently you need the new card.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
Recently, a viral TikTok video showed Malaysians how to change their expired Maybank cards conveniently using a debit card kiosk in certain locations (so far the majority of the kiosks are in KL though).
These kiosks have been around for some time but some people are just getting to know about it.
For those who are new to using Maybank, the bank allows customers to renew their debit cards online via Maybank2u or through these kiosks so there’s no need to be part of a long queue at banks anymore.
Here’s how to do it.
Renewing card via Kiosks
- Look for the nearest kiosk to you from this website.
- Choose your preferred language.
- Insert your expired debit card into the kiosk and enter the PIN.
- Choose the card design you like.
- Place your identification card (IC) into the slot labelled “MyKad” on the machine.
- Place your thumb on the scanner.
- Wait for the machine to process your details.
- Remember to retrieve your new debit card. You can choose to print the receipt of your transaction too.
@ejal.asv Aku je ke baru tahu wey 😌 #fypシ #fyp #foryou #fypage #viral #fypppppppppppppp ♬ Horror atmosphere piano & SE. – Kohrogi
Renewing card via Maybank2u
- Log in to Maybank2u
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Cards’
- Under ‘Manage Debit Cards,’ go to ‘Debit Card- Replace, Activate & Block’ and select ‘Replace Card’
- Follow the instructions and click ‘Submit’
- Wait for your new card to be delivered to your house.
Which method is better?
Both methods are convenient but it also depends on what you need.
If you urgently need to get your hands on a new debit card, renewing your card via the kiosk is the fastest way. However, the number of kiosks are limited for those living outside Kuala Lumpur.
If you renew your card via Maybank2u, you’ll have to wait for your card to be delivered to your house.