It just takes 5 steps.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
It’s been almost a whole year since our country’s borders were closed to deny any entry or exit unless it was for “essential” reasons.
Many families and loved ones had to console themselves through video calls, but for the most part, they accepted that the borders were closed.
However, the Malaysian Immigration Department has released a simple application form in case you would like to cross the border into Singapore and other countries, or vice versa.
The MyTravel Pass
You will require the MyTravel Pass to enter or exit the country, but application is actually quite easy.
- Head over to their website [HERE].
- Select your category.
- Read and understand the terms and conditions, then click proceed.
- Fill in your personal information, then submit.
- You will receive a notification in your email.
Who is eligible?
Crossing the border for travel and leisure is still not allowed though, so you must have a good reason for doing so. These are the people who can apply to cross the borders:
- Legal residents of Singapore who need to make single-entry trips for business and official purposes in Malaysia.
- Malaysians who want to leave the country for official, business, medical treatment, or emergency purposes.
- Spouse or children of a Malaysian citizen or permanent resident who want to return to Malaysia.
- Foreigners or permanent residents who want to enter Malaysia for official, business, medical treatment, emergency, or death-related purposes.
- Foreign workers or domestic helpers may apply for entry by their employers only.
- Expartriates or skilled workers with an active pass who exited Malaysia during the previous movement control order (MCO) and are currently stranded abroad can apply to return.
- Those eligible with a Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) pass who exited Malaysia during the previous movement control order (MCO) and are currently stranded abroad can apply to return.
All details must be submitted correctly as changes cannot be made once the application is submitted.
Hopefully with this application process, more families can be reunited during these trying times.
Anne is an advocate of sustainable living and the circular economy, and has managed to mum-nag the team into using reusable containers to tapau food. She is also a proud parent of 4 cats and 1 rabbit.