This is the CMCO SOP for K. Lumpur, Selangor, Johor, P. Pinang, Sarawak, Kedah, Kelantan, Perak, and N. Sembilan.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
For your convenience, we’ve translated to English the latest Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) standard operating procedure (SOP) released by the National Security Council (MKN). This translation is provided “As Is” so please refer to the original document (linked at the bottom) where necessary.
- Pulau Pinang
- Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur
- Negeri Sembilan
* For Sarawak, please refer to the Sarawak State CMCO SOP.
Effective 5 March 2021 (12.01 am) till 18 March 2021 (11.59 pm).
* For Sarawak, starting 2 March 2021 (12.01am) till 15 March 2021 (11.59pm).
- Activities in the economic and industrial chain.
- Conducting Official Government Responsibilities.
- Obtaining medical treatment, emergency and death matters.
Activities NOT ALLOWED
- Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases (Measures within Infected Local Areas) (Movement Control) Regulations 2021.
- Subject to the ruling issued by the National Security Council (MKN) and the Ministry of Health (KKM).
- Instructions, rules and SOPs under the respective Ministry / Department / Agency.
- CMCO SOP For All Of Sabah.
- Other instructions issued from time to time by the Health Director-General.
- Movement within a CMCO area is ALLOWED. The Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur and Selangor are considered one zone and cross movement is allowed.
- Movement to other CMCO areas, MCO, RMCO and EMCO areas is NOT PERMITTED except with Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM) PERMISSION.
- The number of passengers in a private vehicle is according to the capacity of the vehicle. However, high-risk individuals and children are discouraged from going out into public, open and crowded areas.
- The number of people allowed in vehicles carrying essential goods and services as well as economic / industrial activity chains depends on the commercial vehicle registration license.
- The movement of private vehicles, Government departments or private companies for the purpose of going to and from work or carrying out official Government business depends on the seating capacity of the vehicle.
- Activities and services at all airports and ports are ALLOWED to operate.
- Public transport services such as buses, express buses, LRT/ MRT/ ERL/ Monorails, ferries, airplanes, taxis/ e-hailing and other public transport are ALLOWED to operate (operating hours according to license conditions) based on vehicle capacity.
- Food delivery service is ALLOWED to operate from 6.00 am to 12.00 midnight during the CMCO period.
Activities Within CMCO Areas
- Business / economy / industry is ALLOWED to operate as prescribed by the Government.
- Supermarkets, Shopping Malls and Retail Stores are ALLOWED to operate in accordance with the SOP set between 6.00 am to 12.00 midnight.
- Restaurants, shops / food stalls, food trucks, roadside hawkers, circulating hawkers, food court / hawker center, roadside stalls / kiosks, grocery stores and convenience stores are ALLOWED to operate between 6.00 am to 12.00 midnight with compliance of Food Sector SOPs.
- Restaurants and eateries are ALLOWED to operate on a dine-in basis (WITH 1 METER DISTANCE BETWEEN CUSTOMERS according to table size), take away, delivery or drive-through in compliance with Food Sector SOPs (Premises Business, Non-Premises Hawker , Indoor Markets and Retail/Miscellaneous Food & Beverage). Hours of operation are allowed from 6.00 am to 12.00 midnight (subject to license conditions).
- The operation of the daily market, wholesale market, farmers market, night market and Late Night Bazaar (uptown, downtown and the like) is according to the start time of operation according to the license/permit until 12.00 midnight with compliance of SOP and supervision of authorities and People’s Volunteer Corps (RELA)/local authority personnel.
- The pumping operation hours at petrol stations are between 6.00 am to 12.00 midnight (except the operation of petrol stations on highways which are allowed to operate 24 hours).
- Laundry operations are ALLOWED from 6.00 am to 12.00 midnight.
- SPA, reflexology, massage, wellness including pedicure and manicure services are ALLOWED from 6.00 am to 12.00 midnight or according to the conditions of the local authority license, whichever is earlier.
- Operation of other PERMITTED businesses for daily needs from 6.00 am to 12.00 midnight (subject to license conditions).
Medical / Health Services
- Government and private clinics and hospitals are ALLOWED to operate on a 24 -hour basis or according to the time set by the Government.
- Pharmacies and shops selling medicines operate from 8.00 am to 12.00 midnight
- The owner of the premise ensures control of the entry and exit of customers to the premises with a physical distancing of 1 meter.
- Hand sanitizer is provided at the entry and must be used before entering.
- The licensee and the owner of the premises are required to provide MySejahtera QR code facilities and provide customer attendance registration books.
- The use of the MySejahtera application is mandatory in areas of wide internet access. Exceptions are given for areas that do not have internet access, especially in rural and inland areas.
- The licensee and the owner of the premises ensure that customers check in at the premises using MySejahtera or by manually writing the name and phone number as well as scanning body temperatures. A body with temperature above 37.5 degrees Celsius is NOT ALLOWED to enter the premises. The owner of the premises must ensure that only customers with “Low Risk” status in MySejahtera are allowed to enter their respective premises.
- The licensee and the owner of the premises limit the number of customers in the premises with a physical distancing of 1 meter radius at a time and must display the maximum number of customers in the premises.
- Employees, suppliers and customers are required to wear face masks properly according to MOH recommendations while on premises.
- Ensure good ventilation and ventilation system on the premises.
- It is mandatory to wear face mask, especially when in a crowded public place EXCEPT for the following activities and places:
- Own residence and involving members of the same household;
- Private Hotel / Accommodation Room and includes members of the same household;
- Solitary workspace;
- Indoor and Outdoor sports and recreational activities;
- Own vehicle and involving members of the same household;
- Public areas and places both indoor and outdoor without any other individuals; and
- When eating and drinking in public places without any other individuals.
- Movement in/out of MCO, CMCO and RMCO areas is ALLOWED. Employee movement is subject to registration / operating approval letter and employee pass / employer confirmation letter.
- Movement to EMCO areas is NOT ALLOWED.
- The capacity of attendance of employees for the public service is based on the Circular/ Instruction of the Public Service Department (JPA). Meanwhile, the private sector is based on 30% for the Management Group and the number of operating/support employees is set by the employer.
- Vehicles carrying employees including private vehicles are PERMITTED to operate in compliance with SOPs.
Sports and Recreational Activities
- All individual and team sports and recreational activities for health, fitness, training and games/games/matches are SUBJECT to the Sports and Recreation Sector SOPs including the movement control instructions in force and the permission of the relevant Authority.
- Organizing tournaments/competitions at the state/community level WITH the permission of Youth and Sports Ministry (KBS).
- Organizing tournaments/competitions at the national level involving interstate movements with PDRM PERMISSION such as Malaysian Football League (MFL), Malaysian Hockey League (MHL) and Sepak Takraw League (STL) must follow the Sports Bubble Model and WITHOUT the presence of spectators/supporters.
- Organizing national and international tournaments/competitions REQUIRES permission from KBS.
- Phased Training Center Program for teams involved in MFL, MHL and STL are on a “Home/Camp Quarantine” basis.
- The Centralized Training Program implemented by the National Sports Council and State Sports Councils is implemented with the concept of “Camp Quarantine”.
- Group activities performed locally WITHOUT PHYSICAL CONTACT with a capacity limit of 50% of area capacity with physical distancing compliance and WITH supervision control.
Economic and Industrial Sector Activities
- The activities of the economic and industrial sectors in the CMCO areas are carried out as prescribed by the Government in compliance with the SOPs that have been set.
- All industrial, business and manufacturing related vehicles are ALLOWED to operate including across district and state lines.
Fishery, Plantation and Agriculture Sector Activities
- The fishery, plantation, agriculture, livestock and everything related to the food chain are ALLOWED to operate.
- Activities at mosques and suraus are PERMITTED with attendance limits set by the respective State Religious Authority.
- Activities in non-Muslim places of worship are ALLOWED with attendance limits set by the Ministry of National Unity and the Ministry of Federal Territories for places of worship in the Federal Territories.
- All types of events, shows, performances, live music and live bands made live including music, acting, comedy, performing arts, culture, heritage, multimedia and live streaming in halls, auditoriums, art premises, convention centers, studios, stadiums and hotel lounges are ALLOWED WITHOUT AN AUDIENCE.
- Total number of management, artists and crew is limited to 70% of normal capacity.
- Creative Content Development activities including music production, animation and shooting of films, dramas and documentaries made inside and outside the studio are PERMITTED. However, live television programs or recordings inside and outside the studio are ALLOWED WITHOUT AN AUDIENCE.
- ‘Busking’ activities within building premises such as in cafeterias, food courts, eateries and shopping malls are PERMITTED.
- Cinema and drive-in cinema activities are PERMITTED in the CMCO area.
Day Care And Child Care Centers, Nurseries, And Kindergartens
- Childcare centres, nurseries, tabika, and kindergartens are ALLOWED to operate with the approval of relevant Ministry / Agency.
- Parents and guardians sending their children to childcare centres in vehicles are allowed to transport the number of child passengers according to the vehicle’s capacity.
- Day care centres for the Disabled (OKU), the Elderly, Women, and Miscellaneous Care Centers are allowed to operate during the CMCO period.
- Schools, Public & Private Institutes of Higher Learning (IPT), Skills Training Institutes, tahfiz centers, private educational institutions in the category of private kindergartens, schools and centers (such as tuition centers, Language centers, skills centers, mind development centers and guidance centers) and other educational institutions are ALLOWED in compliance with the Guidelines set by the respective Ministries / Agencies.
- All educational institutions and private educational institutions registered with the Education Ministry (KPM) to operate based on the decisions and announcements by KPM made from time-to-time. Other institutions are encouraged to start operations based on the KPM’s announcement.
- Students and candidates sitting for the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) Examinations in 2020 and 2021, Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM), Sijil Vokasional Malaysia (SVM), Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM), Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM), Diploma Vokasional Malaysia (DVM), Pentaksiran Kemasukan Sekolah Khusus for Form 1 and Form 4 and equivalent international examinations are allowed to attend schools across MCO or CMCO or RMCO areas according to the school calendar set by the KPM with confirmation documents from KPM.
- The movement of lecturers / teachers / instructors for the purpose of Teaching and Learning in respective classes is allowed with confirmation from KPM and Higher Education Ministry (KPT).
- Movement for admission of students to hostels set by KPM and KPT is allowed with confirmation from KPM and KPT.
- Students in need must obtain a movement permission letter from the relevant IPT to cross the state to return to campus.
MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions)
- Business events related to meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions (MICE) are allowed to operate at 50% of the capacity of the premises by complying with physical distancing, mandatory wearing of face masks and based on MICE CMCO SOP.
Tourism and Cultural Activities
- The following activities are allowed to operate at 50% of the capacity of the premises by complying with physical distancing, mandating the wearing of face masks and based on the relevant CMCO SOPs:-
- Public tourist attraction products such as zoos, farms, aquariums, edutainment centers, recreational parks, extreme / adventure / nature parks and others;
- Premises of art, culture and heritage such as museums, libraries, art galleries, cultural heritage art centers / villages, cultural performance stages and others;
- Theme Parks and Family Entertainment Centers.
- Other tourism and cultural activities OTHER THAN those under the Negative List are subject to the existing Tourism and Culture Sector CMCO SOP which is currently in force.
- Face-to-face meetings for official business / work held in offices, hotels and other institutions are allowed by adherence to physical distancing, mandatory use of face masks and only 50% of meeting room capacity.
- Meetings are encouraged to be held via video conferencing.
Seminars / Conferences / Workshops / Courses / Training / Talks / Exhibitions
- All Seminars / Conferences / Workshops / Courses / Training / Talks / Exhibitions are allowed to operate at 50% capacity of the premises by complying with physical distancing, mandatory wearing of face masks and based on the General SOP for Holding of Official Government and Private Events.
Organizing Social Events
- Official and Informal Government and Private Ceremonies, Social Events such as feasts, wedding ceremonies (akad nikah), wedding and engagement ceremonies, receptions, aqiqah ceremonies, prayers, tahlil, anniversary celebrations, birthday celebrations, reunions, retreats and other social events are allowed to operate at 50% of the capacity of the premises by complying with physical distancing, mandatory wearing of face masks and based on the General SOP for Holding Social Events.
Other Permitted Activities
- Other activities that are not included in the Negative List are ALLOWED based on the existing SOPs that have been set.
List of prohibited activities (Negative List)
- Activities at nightclubs or pubs.
- Concert activities or live events with an audience in attendance.
Sports and Recreation Activities
- Tournament/competition activities WITHOUT the permission of KBS.
- Organising tournament/competition activities WITH the presence of spectators/supporters. Performing physical contact activities which EXCEED the capacity limit of 50% of the area capacity WITHOUT supervision control.
- Activities carried out outside the area where the movement control is enforced unless authorisation is obtained.
- Mass activities that involve movement and gathering of people that make it difficult to physically distance at the same time such as a fun run, fun ride, marathon, triathlon and so on.
- Tourism activities leaving CMCO areas, in MCO and EMCO areas.
- Overseas tourism activities by citizens and domestic tourism activities involving foreign tourists entering Malaysia except foreign tourists from countries specified by the Minister.
Others Not Allowed
- Other interstate travel without PDRM permission.
- Any activity that may cause many people to be present in a place that makes it difficult for physical distancing and compliance with the instructions of the Director General of Health.
- Other matters decided by the Government from time-to-time.
For more information, you can take a look at the official SOPs in Bahasa Malaysia, or check out the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases (Measures within Infected Local Areas) (Movement Control) Regulations 2021.