A lot of the MCO SOP for residential strata leaves it up to management to decide.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
*Updated as of 16 February 2021. The full document (in Bahasa Malaysia) is available on the National Security Council website here.
Covid-19 Prevention Measures
- Body temperatures must be screened at entrances before people enter the strata scheme area. Furthermore, management should advise individuals with body temperatures above 37.5°C or COVID-19 symptoms such as sore throats, coughs, colds or shortness of breath to go to a clinic as well as note down the information of the individual to be reported to the Health Ministry (KKM).
- Use of the MySejahtera application to record presence is mandatory though exceptions are given for areas that do not have internet access, especially in villages and remote areas. Instead, their name, telephone number, date and time of arrival at the premises must be noted in a record book for contact tracing purposes.
- Practicing physical distancing of at least 1 metre between individuals.
- Wash hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- Wear a face mask.
- Disinfect surfaces that are easily contaminated.
Management Office Operations
- Operate minimally by limiting direct contact with customers. The operating times in the strata scheme is according to the respective operating hours.
- The maximum number of management staff allowed to come to the office is 30% or only 3 people subject to physical distancing in the management office.
- Limited and controlled access to the public by adopting COVID-19 Prevention Measures.
- The operation of essential services can be carried out optimally at all times.
- Physical meetings are not allowed.
- Meetings can be held online
Post / Courier / Delivery Person Management
- Permission to send the order directly to the address is subject to the approval of the Joint Management Body (JMB) / Management Committee (MC) / Property Manager.
- Must comply with COVID-19 Prevention Measures.
Maintenance & Repair Management
- Maintenance and repair of damage to common property is permitted.
- Maintenance and repair of critical damage involving essential services in the unit / compartment is allowed subject to management approval.
- Renovation is allowed in vacant units / compartments
- Renovation works involving continuous noise are not permitted for multi-storey strata residences.
- The allowable period of renovation work is subject to management approval
- Moving is not allowed in all strata schemes unless special approval is obtained in the strata scheme issued by the Housing and Local Government Ministry (KPKT).
- Visitors are not allowed to enter the strata schemes in MCO areas unless given specific clearance and permission by management.
- Visitors who have been given permission are required to comply with COVID-19 Prevention Measures at the security control post or any other designated place as well as supply information to management for the use of contact tracing if required.
- Visitors approved by the management are only allowed to go to the unit or the specific location for which they registered.
Service Provider Management
- Entry of Service Providers to the strata scheme is subject to approval and direction from the management.
- Each Service Provider employee is required to comply with the COVID-19 Prevention Measures at the security control post or any other designated place as well as supply information to management for the use of contact tracing if required.
- Service Providers approved by the management are only allowed to go to the unit or the specific location for which they registered.
- The entry of all Contractors / vendors / employees to the strata scheme to perform essential services damage maintenance work is subject to the approval and direction of management and they are only allowed to go to the relevant unit or location.
- Contractors / vendors / employees are required to provide information to management for the use of contact tracing before entering the strata scheme. The contractor / vendor / employee must submit the latest identification information and telephone number to the management and comply with the Construction SOP issued by the Works Ministry (KKR).
- Contractors / vendors / employees must submit the latest COVID-19 screening results in accordance with MOH guidelines subject to any up-to-date instructions.
- Contractors / vendors / employees must comply with COVID-19 Prevention Measures at the security control post or any other designated place.
Occupant Management and Common Property Use
- Occupants have limited movement in the strata scheme and must practice physical distancing of at least 1 metre.
- Organising of religious gatherings and activities is not allowed and any exceptions are subject to the SOP issued by the National Security Council (MKN).
- Sports and recreational activities are subject to the Sports and Recreation SOP by the Youth and Sports Ministry (KBS).
- Facilities located in common property areas of the strata scheme are not allowed to be used and any exceptions are subject to SOPs issued by the Government such as Sports and Recreation SOP (KBS) and Tourism Sector (MOTAC).