Those in Selangor and other states can follow guidelines provided by State Government religious authorities.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
The Federal Government again updated its standard operating procedures (SOP) and guidelines for Muslim related activities in Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) enforced areas across all Federal Territories – Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Labuan.
The following SOP changes comes into effect from November 6 onwards;
Friday and fard prayers
Green and yellow zones
- Congregational Friday prayers allowed only at mosques and suraus in green and yellow zone areas with attendance limited to ⅓ of the building’s prayer hall capacity.
- Congregational fard prayers (5 daily prayers) at mosques and suraus are allowed in green and yellow zone areas with attendance limited to a maximum of 30 people.
- Physical distancing and hygiene guidelines must be maintained at all times.
- Congregational Friday prayers in red zone areas are strictly limited to a maximum attendance of 12 people.
- Congregational fard prayer at mosques and suraus are limited only to the attendance of 3 people.
- Physical distancing and hygiene guidelines required.
- Solemnization or Akad Nikah ceremonies are only allowed in mosques and premises in green and yellow zone areas approved by the Federal Territories Islamic Religious Department (Jawi).
- Attendance is strictly limited to a maximum of 30 people.
- Physical distancing and hygiene guidelines must be strictly observed.
- Wedding photographers and the likes are allowed at ceremonies while not subjected to the 30-people attendance limit.
Malls and shopping complex
- Suraus and prayer facilities at malls and shopping centres in green and yellow zones are allowed and encouraged to open to allow for Muslim fulfil their religious duties, provided that SOP is followed.
Suraus and prayer facilities at malls and shopping centres in green and yellow zones are allowed and encouraged to open to allow for Muslims fulfil their religious duties, provided that SOP is followed.
Mosques and suraus are also suggested to designate special prayer areas for those who work in the gig-economy as e-hailing service drivers and riders.
Those living outside the Federal Territories can refer to SOP and guidelines made by their respective state religious authority.
Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, Akmal returns to the newly improved TRP to uncover cold truths and walk the fine line between deep and dumb.