Not sure what you can and can’t do? This might help.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest stories and updates.
The Education Ministry (MOE) has released a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) to clear up any confusion members of the public might have regarding the conditional movement control order (CMCO) implemented in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, and Putrajaya.
Uploaded on the ministry’s official website, the FAQ touches on primary, secondary, and tertiary learning institutions, as well as daily and boarding type schools.
The ministry hopes that these FAQ can help clarify uncertainties and lessen the confusion that may arise regarding the closures of schools and learning institutions affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.Ministry of Health via The Star
We took the liberty of translating the FAQ into English for you below:
A. MANAGEMENT AND OPERATION OF SCHOOLS/INSTITUTES OF LEARNING
- Will educational institutions registered with the MOE be closed if an area is declared as under CMCO or enhanced movement control order (EMCO) by the National Security Council (NSC)?
Yes. This includes kindergartens, day care centers, boarding schools, vocational colleges, form six colleges, matriculation colleges, institutes of teacher education (IPG) and private institutes of education registered with MOE.
- Do teachers/lecturers need to be present at their place of work when schools/institutions are closed?
No. Teachers/lecturers must work from home (WFH). All teachers/lecturers are required to be at their station of duty and always ready to receive instructions from their Heads of Departments.
- Do Members of Executive Groups (AKP) need to be present at their place of work when schools/institutions are closed?
No. AKP should work from home (WFH). All AKP are required to be at their station of duty and always ready to receive instructions by the Department Chiefs.
- Do teachers/lecturers living in the areas under CMCO/EMCO but working in schools/institutions located outside the CMCO/EMCO areas need to be present at their place of work?
Yes. Teachers/lecturers need to show a work pass or letter of permission from their employer to be present at their place of work.
- Can students living in areas under CMCO/EMCO attend schools/institutions located outside the CMCO/EMCO areas?
- Who needs to be present at their place of work when schools/institutions are closed?
i. Essential service employees, such as cleaning staff and security guards.
ii. Dormitory wardens and dormitory dining hall staff if there are students still staying in the hostels.
B. MANAGEMENT OF TEACHING AND LEARNING (PdP)
- Does PdP still need to be conducted for schools/institutions that are closed?
Yes, during the period when the school/institution is closed, the administration will ensure that teachers/lecturers continue conducting their PdP from home (PdPR), this is according to what is suitable for the teacher/lecturer and students. A PdPR manual can be downloaded from MOE’s official website.
- Are schools/institutions allowed to conduct international examinations that are regulated by international examination boards while schools/institutions are closed?
Yes. Candidates will need to get a letter of permission to sit for the examinations from the school/institution involved as verification. Examinations will be required to comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Are schools allowed to postpone the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) Trial Examination during the period which they have been ordered to close?
Yes. The schools involved can reschedule the Trial Examination to an appropriate date.
- Is the school allowed to key in data for the SPM Trial Examinations if it has been ordered to close?
Yes. The School Examination Analysis System (SAPS) is open until 31 December 2020.
C. MANAGEMENT OF BOARDING SCHOOLS/INSTITUTIONS
- Can all students living in dormitories return home when the school/institution is ordered to close?
Yes. However, students waiting to be picked up by parents/guardians or students who prefer to stay in the dormitory throughout the period of closure will be under the supervision of the hostel warden. Meals will be provided for the students by the school/institution.
- Are parents/guardians located inside the CMCO/EMCO areas allowed to pick up their children from the boarding school?
Yes. Parents/guardians are allowed to pick up, or arrange for the return of their children from boarding school. This is subject to the Guidelines for School Management and Operations in The New Norm.
D. MANAGEMENT AND OPERATIONS FOR INSTITUTIONS OF TEACHER EDUCATION (IPG) AND MATRICULATION COLLEGES (KM).
- How will PdP be conducted at IPGs/KMs throughout the CMCO/EMCO period?
PdP will be fully conducted online.
- Will IPG/KM students living in areas under CMCO/EMCO be required to return to their IPG/KM if it is located outside the area under CMCO/EMCO after mid-semester breaks are over?
No. Students will only be required to return to their IPG/KM after the CMCO/EMCO period has ended.
- Will cafeterias and convenience stores inside IPG/KM continue to operate?
Download the full FAQ here.
FAQ on the closure of schools and learning institutions located in red zones can be downloaded here.
While FAQ for closure of schools and learning institutions which have positive Covid-19 cases can be downloaded here.
Starving forensic investigator turned writer cause she couldn't find a job. Used to search for killers now searches for killer stories.