The meeting was held at the Prime Minister’s office on 3 October 2020.
The Religious Affairs Minister Datuk Dr. Zulkifli Mohamad Al-Bakri has just confirmed that he tested positive for Covid-19. This was announced on his Twitter account today.
At the same time, the Ministry of Health (MOH) released a statement saying that an individual who attended a meeting at the Prime Minister’s office on 3 October 2020 has been tested positive for the virus.
MOH stated that they have conducted health screenings and collected samples from all the attendees today. Meeting attendees who have been identified as close contacts of the patient are also placed under House Surveillance Order (HSO) for 14 days, starting from 3 October.
On the other hand, meeting attendees who did not come into close contact with the patient are required to do self-health monitoring at home for 14 days. These people are also advised to seek immediate medical attention should they develop any symptoms during the 14-day period.
Who attended the meeting?
According to Malay Mail, the meeting attendees include:
- Defence Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob;
- Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr. Adham Baba;
- Education Minister Dr. Mohd Radzi Md Jidin;
- Health Director-General Tan Sri Dr. Noor Hisham Abdullah;
- Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Abdul Hamid Bador;
- Chief of Defence Force General Tan Sri Affendi Buang.
MORE TO FOLLOW
I have an unhealthy obsession with chocolate, gummy candy, and "Confucius says" jokes.