Subscribe to our new Telegram channel for the latest updates on Covid-19 and other issues.
Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob revealed today that the 6th Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) has been declared at Pusat Bandar Utara in Kuala Lumpur.
The 14-day order beginning today also affects the residential areas surrounding the Selayang wholesale market, which Ismail Sabri said mostly involved Rohingya refugees.
Despite the residential areas being barricaded, the wholesale market is allowed to remain in operation as usual.
He also announced that the eight parcels in Kuala Lumpur now under EMCO are:
- Parcel A – Jalan 6/3A, Pusat Bandar Utara
- Parcel B – Jalan 6/3A and 9/3A, Pusat Bandar Utara
- Parcel C – Jalan 2/3A, Pusat Bandar Utara
- Parcel D – Jalan 2/3A, Pusat Bandar Utara
- Parcel E1 – Taman Sri Murni Fasa 2, Jalan 1/2D
- Parcel E2 – Taman Sri Murni Fasa 1, Jalan 1/2D
- Parcel E3 – Taman Sri Murni Fasa 3, Jalan 1/2B
- Parcel F – Taman Batu View and Taman Batu Hampar
Under the EMCO, all residents in the area will undergo Covid-19 testing.
Prior to the official announcement at 1pm, images of barbed wires and patrolling army officers around the Selayang market flooded social media as netizens speculated on the lockdown.
She puts the pun in Punjabi. With a background in healthcare, lifestyle writing and memes, this lady's articles walk a fine line between pun-dai and pun-ishing.