Now Reading
MCO 3: Form 6 And Diploma Students Can Now Get RM200 Aid, Matriculation Exams Cancelled

MCO 3: Form 6 And Diploma Students Can Now Get RM200 Aid, Matriculation Exams Cancelled

Akmal Hakim

Subscribe to our new Telegram channel for the latest updates on Covid-19 and other stories from around the world.


In a bid to ease the burdens felt by youths during the extended Movement Control Order (MCO) the government is set to provide aid to all full-time university and college students as part of the Prihatin Rakyat Economic Stimulus Package support program.

Now, the one-off handout of RM200 is extended to include Form 6 and diploma undergraduates.

Aid will also be given to youths studying under the Human Resources Ministry, Youth and Sports Ministry as well as Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA).

MOF: Pelajar Tingkatan 6, Diploma dan Setara layak terima RM200 ...
(Credit: Harian Teknologi)

Also entitled to the one-off payments are youths who are undertaking technical and vocational education and training (TVET) courses or any Malaysian Skills Certificate level 4 (SKM4) and above.

The aid program is said to benefit more than 1.5 million students across the nation, costing the public coffers RM300 million.

Matriculation exams canceled

With phase 3 of the MCO in full effect, the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) decided to cancel the 2019/2020 Matriculation Programme Examinations (PSPM).

Semester II Matriculation Programme exams cancelled
(Credit: The Sun Daily)

Students who were scheduled to undertake the Semester 2 PSPM exams (previously scheduled from April 27 to May 4) would now be “assessed” based on their performance during the school year.

MOH explains that results for the 2019/2020 academic year will be based on a combination of results from Semester 1 and “ongoing assessments” from Semester 2.

No sight of home

Meanwhile, the ministry is telling students who are unable to go home due to the nationwide lockdown to stay put.

USM implements initiatives to address Covid-19 outbreak | New ...
(Credit: NST)

Local and international students from colleges and universities across the country have been confined to their hostels, dorm rooms and rented homes since the start of the MCO last March, with their care placed in the hands of their respective institutions.

MOHE says that they would continue to monitor the situation and ask that students abide by the rules emplaced during the MCO.

Previously, Higher Education Minister Datuk Dr. Noraini Ahmad had tweeted that her ministry was still discussing means to ensure students are safely evacuated.


Share your thoughts on TRP’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

View Comments (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

19 + 14 =

© 2020 The Rakyat Post. All Rights Reserved.